Chapter 25

April 19th 2009 - 5 weeks till the wedding

The plans for the wedding were starting to come together very slowly. The flowers were all arranged, my dress was being made right now and would officially be ready the week leading up to the wedding. Everything was going great.

Today was Joe's 22nd birthday and I had arranged for us to go out to dinner tonight. It wasn't a big family dinner like his family had wanted but I said that I'd rather it just be the two of us so we could talk about things.
It was 6pm and our dinner reservation wasn't until 7pm. Joe was away playing football today so by the time he got back from Manchester would be about 6:15pm.
I started to get ready when I heard the front door open and close.
“Mia?” Joe shouted.
“What?” I called down to him.
“Where are you?” He asked.
“Getting ready for our dinner. Just like you should be doing,” I said to him.
I continued to put my make-up on in the en-suite bathroom and all of a sudden felt a set of arms circle my waist.
“You don't need that,” Joe told me while kissing my neck.
“I do if I want to wear that,” I said, pointing to my black Herve Leger sequin-embellished bandage dress that was hanging on the back of the door.
He lay his head on my shoulder and looked at it, “Very nice. What have I done to deserve you to wear such an amazing and sexy dress as that?”
“You turned 22 and we're getting married in 5 weeks, that's what.” I smiled.
He turned me round to look at him. “You are amazing and I love you.”
“I love you too. Now go and get ready or we won't be able to make our dinner reservation tonight.”
“And how is that a bad thing?” He asked, letting me go and walking into the bedroom.
“Trying to sound sexy in a bathroom doesn't suit you, Joe.” I said, closing the door over to put my dress on.
I walked out the bathroom five minutes later in my dress and Joe whistled at me.
I looked at him. “I'll take that whistle as you like it?”
“Very, very sexy! Of course you'll look even sexier when I get you out of that later on and it's left lying on the floor,” He winked at me.
I shook my head and put on my black Louboutin heels while Joe stood in front of the mirror fixing his shirt. I stood up straight and picked his jacket up off the bed. I handed it to him as I walked past to go and get my clutch bag from the walk-in wardrobe.

I walked out back out a few seconds later and Joe held his hand out for me to take. I put my hand in his and we walked out the room and down the stairs to go for our dinner.

We had been out for about four hours now and Joe was starting to get really out of it. He was starting to drink anything that anyone put in front of him and I had to admit, I did have a few drinks but I was nowhere near as drunk as he was becoming. We moved from having our dinner at San Carlo to having some drinks at The Circle Club.

Joe paid for us to have our fourth bottle of Moet Chandon Brut Imperial Jeroboam brought over to the VIP area we sat at in the club and was beginning to get more touchy feely with me. He began kissing my neck and running his hand up and down my bare thigh. I took a sip of my drink and he pulled me closer to him.
“Joe, stop pulling me closer to you when I'm trying to drink.” I told him.
“I love you,” he said, kissing my neck.
“I know you do. Just take it down a level.” I pushed him away when I caught the eye of a few people looking over at us.
“I love you so much. You're so sexy tonight and I love you for being with me.” He muttered, his hand resting on my thigh and gripping it slightly.
“Joe, I think we should go home now.” I pulled my phone out of my bag and texted our hired driver for the night to bring the car round for us.
I lifted his jacket off the seat and put it over my shoulders. I stood up and took a hold of Joe's hand to help him stand up. He stood up and put his arm across my shoulders, pulling me in tightly to his side and kissing my head. I struggled against the hold and bent down to pick my bag up.

We walked out of the club towards the car that was waiting for us. We weren't even a few steps outside the club when photographers swarmed round us, making the security guards push them out the way as we walked towards the car. We quickly got in the car and headed for home.

I opened the front door and we walked into the house, Joe walked over to the stairs and leaned against the banister. I closed the door, locked it and put the security alarm on. I turned round to face Joe and saw that he was holding his hand out for me to take. I casually walked over to him and put my hand in his before we walked up the stairs to our bedroom.
I walked into the bedroom first and sat my bag down on the chest of drawers. I felt Joe's jacket slide off my shoulders and I turned round to face Joe, his lips instantly crashing down on mine. I pulled away and looked at him.
“You haven't given me my present yet...and it's still my birthday...for about half an hour,” He smirked.
“I know and you will get it, just not the now.” I replied.
He began kissing me again and started to play with the zip on the back of my dress. I found the buttons of his shirt and started to undo them one at a time. We moved towards the bed and fell on top of it in a stumble to remove each other's clothing, not getting enough of what was already revealed to each other.

All through the night, Joe's kisses were filled with need and passion. Everything we did that night, felt different. It wasn't like any other time we slept together. There was a sense of urgency and need that cause everything to go by quickly. The just seemed to happen when you drank too much.