Chapter 2

My eyes quickly scanned the packed room before stopping at a blonde haired guy who was looking directly at me. He stood with a group of others guys who were laughing and joking but he didn't take any notice as to what they were doing. He just stood there in his black suit and and ties, glass in hand, staring at me.

I regained my posture and thanked the bartender for my drink, anything to get me out of looking at him. I quickly took a sip of my drink and slightly glanced over at him to see if he was still looking at me and he was.

There was just something about him that drew me to him. I didn't know what it was but I felt like I had singled out everyone in the room and was only attracted to him. I felt my cheeks begin to blush as I caught him starting move towards me.
I looked around for somewhere to go and noticed a set of french doors to my right that were lying open, letting some fresh air into the room. I picked up my drink and walked out of the room.

The cold chill of the winter air hit me as I walked along the small paved path of the hotel's private garden. November really was a cold month.
I sighed and took a seat on a small wooden bench, trying to think about something other than trying to escape. Nothing in particular came to mind, other than the blonde guy I had seen just moments ago.

I heard footsteps coming from behind me, so I turned round to see who it was. My eyes widened when I spotted the blonde guy walking towards me with his hands stuffed into his trouser pockets.
"Nice night, isn't it?" He mentioned as he approached.
"For a chat up line, that's pretty bad" I laugh, trying to look away from him as he stood looking down at me.
"It's all I could think of if it means that I get to chat to you. I seen you leave and I..." he started.
"And you thought that you'd follow me out to check on me? Real nice." I finished for him.

By this point it was starting to get really cold to a point where it sent shivers down my spine.
"Here, take this." He quickly takes his hands out his pockets and slides his jacket off, putting it round me shoulders. His hands linger on my shoulders as he stood directly in front of me.
I swallow and look up at him. "Thank you, but I can't really talk to you without knowing your name."
His green eyes stared down at me, making me completely forget that he was still holding me by my shoulders. "True. My name's Joe.”
"Do you have a last name that goes with that, Joe?" I ask simply.
"I do but you don't get to know that until I know your name," he smiled.

My breath catches in my throat as he flashes his perfect smile at me.
"Fine,” I sigh. “I'm Mia Halliwell. Now do I get to know your last name?"
"You do - Joe Hart."

“Well, Mr Hart, it was a pleasure meeting you.” I get to my feet and the gap between us decreased, causing his hands to glide down my arms from their position on my shoulders.
Music started to play in the hotel and I listened carefully as Enrique Iglesias 'Hero' started to play softly. Joe stepped back from me and offered his hand for me to take.

I looked at his outstretched hand up then up to him. "You can't be serious."
"It'll be the only time that I get to dance with such a beautiful girl like you. Now, Miss Halliwell, may I have this dance back inside?" He asks, a small smile playing on his lips as he waited for my answer.

“If you must,”I exhale.

I place my hand in his and he carefully links our arms together as we make our way back into the hotel and onto the dance floor.