Chapter 52

I woke up the next morning with a terrible sore head. That's what I get for drinking so much last night. I felt someone hold me and I turned round. Shit! I gently lifted Joe's arm up from round my waist before I slipped out the bed and got ready.

I put all my clothes back on and picked my shoes and bag up. I walked over to the room door and noticed that he was still sleeping. I quietly opened the door and walked out. I looked round the hall and noticed that it was the same as the one my hotel room is at. He booked a room in the same hotel as me. Unbelievable! Either that or I told him where I was staying. I don't remember!

I looked at the number on his room door and hurried down the hall to my room. I unlocked the room door, opened it and quickly went in. I slammed the door shut and leaned against it. I threw my shoes and bag across the room and slid down the door. Stupid girl!

I put my head in my hands and began to cry. How could I have been so stupid to do that? I hate the guy for crying out loud! I heard my phone begin to vibrate and I looked over at my bag. I got up and walked over to where my bag had fallen on the floor. I reached for it and took my phone out. 1 new message:

'Where the hell did you go to last night?

Megan told us that you let with a guy. Who was it?

I want answers before you leave,

Roshien xx'

I threw my phone onto the bed and groaned. I opened my suitcase up and took out my laptop. I turned it on and connected it to the WiFi then went straight onto Google. I typed my name in the search bar to see what had been written about me. One news article stuck out for me and I opened it:

'Mia Halliwell jets back in for friends party...but leaves with ex-husband

Mia Halliwell last night flew back to the UK for one of her friends birthday parties at Whisky Mist, but was photographed leaving with her ex-husband.

An on-looker in the club said: 'They were all over each other. They danced really close together and were even kissing each other all night.''

This can't be good. I closed the laptop down and put it away. I took out my fresh clothes for today and walked into the bathroom to have shower and get ready.

Half an hour later, I came back out the bathroom in my fresh clothes. I had quickly tied my hair up in a messy ponytail and left my face make-up free. I took my Jimmy Choo trainers out the suitcase and put them on before I put my dress and things back in the suitcase and closed it over. I lifted the suitcase off the bed and picked up my phone. I opened the room door and walked out.

I sat the suitcase down as I closed the door over and locked it. I looked down the hall and noticed Joe was coming out his room. Sliding my sunglasses on, I quickly picked my suitcase up and walked towards the lifts. I got in the empty lift that was waiting at my floor before Joe noticed me.

"Mia," he shouted, running towards the lift.

I kept my finger on the ground floor button and the lift door closed over, just as he reached it. Thank god.

When I got out the lift on the ground floor, I walked straight over to the reception and handed my key over. I turned round and walked square into Joe.

He held me close by my arms. "Mia, we seriously need to talk."

"Let go of me or I'll have security remove you away from me," I said coldly, looking past him towards the exit.

He let go of me and moved to the side. "You can't deny what we did last night. You wanted it just as much as I did."

I looked at him and walked out the hotel. I gave my suitcase to my driver and I got in the back of the car. I closed the door over and looked at Joe standing by the hotel entrance inside the building.

"Where to Miss Halliwell?" The driver asked.

"Home," I replied, moving my gaze away from Joe and down to my phone.

"Home it is," he nodded as the car began to pull away.