Chapter 44

November – 7 months pregnant

We haven't told anyone what we're planning on naming the baby. We were leaving that till the birth to see if the baby looked like a Connor or not. Joe was starting to become more and more excited as in only two months, we would have our baby.

I sat at the dining room table looking at the photo shoot we had done for OK! magazine only a few weeks ago at my parents private island. The pictures had turned out great. I turned the page and saw one of us lying on sun loungers by the swimming pool holding hands. I laughed and Joe looked over at me from where he was standing in the adjoining sitting room.
“What are you laughing at?” He asked, walking over to me.
“I'm laughing at this picture of you. Only you could wear those flowery swimming trunks and pull them off,” I laughed while showing him the picture.
“I have great legs, deal with it.” He said, kissing my head before walking back over to the sitting room.
“Sure you do, baby. Hey, what about me?” I asked.
He turned and looked at me, “You look good too.”
“Good? Just good?” I questioned.
“Well, you're not-” He started.
“Oh my god, I can't believe you!” I stood up.
“What did I do?”
“You are unbelievable!”
“What have I done?” He asked, walking over to me.
“You just called me fat! That's what you did!” I told him as I walked out the room and headed for the stairs.
“Mia, I did not call you fat. I would never call you fat! Mia, come back here please.” He pleaded, walking after me.
“No! Not after you called me fat,” I said, walking up the stairs.
“When did I call you fat?” He asked, following me up the stairs.
“When you said that I looked 'just good'. That tells me that you think I'm fat!” I stood halfway up the stairs and looked down at him. “Well I have news for you, Mr Hart. I am fat because you got me pregnant!” I shouted at him.
“Mia, please...” He started.
“If you hadn't been so drunk on your birthday and remembered how to put a fucking condom on, this would never have happened. So it all comes down to being your fault!!!” I screamed at him.
I turned back round and walked up the rest of the stairs before walking towards the master bedroom. I slammed the door shut and walked over to sit on the couch that was facing the TV.
I heard the buzzing noise come from the security monitor and Joe walking down the stairs to deal with it. A few minutes later, I heard the front door open and close. I listened closely to the voices downstairs. Austin.
“Where's Mia?” Austin asked Joe.
“Upstairs,” He replied.
“Why?”
“She's angry at me,” Joe told him.
“You called her fat didn't you?” Austin asked.
“No, I didn't. Why would I call her fat?” Joe Asked.
“Mia's at the stage where if you don't say she looks beautiful, and use the word beautiful, she thinks she looks fat.” Austin answered.
I smiled and stood up. My little brother knew me so well. I walked towards the door and listened more closely to the conversation.
“Oh, so that's why she's pissed off at me.”
“Anything she says from now on in an argument, she doesn't really mean. Trust me, I've been there with one sister and it didn't turn out so well. I'm Anna's little brother so I can take the piss out of her...just not when she's pregnant.”
I opened the bedroom door and walked towards the banister. I looked down at Austin and Joe.
Joe looked at me. “Mia, I'm-”
“Austin, can you take me out to get food? I'm hungry,” I asked.
“Sure,” Austin replied. He turned to Joe. “Sorry, mate. You'll have to make it up to her on your own.”
I walked down the stairs and sat down on the second bottom step. Austin handed me my ugg boots and I put them on. I took my coat out the closet and put it on. I picked my bag up and walked towards the front door. I opened it and walked towards Austin’s car, Austin following close behind me. He unlocked the car and we got in.
“He didn't mean to-” Austin started.
“Are you calling me fat too?” I asked him.
“No, I would never say that to any women. You're my big sister and there's boundaries that you just don't cross with family.” He replied quickly.
“That's okay then,” I said, leaning my head against the cold window.
He started the car and drove to the shops.

As we walked about Asda getting things we needed, there was people staring at me and it was making me feel uneasy.
“What the hell are they staring at me for?” I quietly asked Austin.
“I have no idea. Lets just get to a till and then we can go home,” He said, looking at people who walked past us and who were looking at me.
We got to the till and payed for our items. We walked out the shop and headed towards the car. We were putting the bags in the boot when I heard footsteps behind us. I turned round to see who it was and realised that it was the paparazzi.
“Mia, get in the car.” Austin said to me.
I didn't ask and got in the car as Austin quickly started the engine. He reversed out the space and drove away. We weren't ten minutes away from the store before we realised that we were being followed by them.
“What the hell are they after? You haven't done anything for them to come after you to get a photo,” Austin said, turning a corner.
“I did that photo shoot didn't I? It was released today and-” I started.
I noticed that we were on the road heading for the gates to the estate and I got my pass key out. I handed it over to Austin to show the security guard to get in. He stopped at the gates and showed the security the card. They opened the gates and he drove in.

He parked in the driveway and I got out the car. I looked over at the gates closing and cars stopped suddenly. I smiled before walking into the house.
I opened the front door and stopped when I noticed rose petals on the floor leading into the dining room. I followed the trail into the dining room and stopped.