Chapter 22

Keeping our engagement a secret from the world is a very hard thing to do. We couldn't go and look at venues like every normal couple, making it hard for us to pick a date. We really can't plan much of the wedding because there were lots of photographers following our every move. I hate the paparazzi, I really do.

Today I was meeting with my management team to talk about the ideas for the wedding. I was suppose to be meeting Lisa, Tina and Joe at Lisa's house in Liverpool at 1:30pm but I was running late. I had paid my dad a visit at the office in Manchester but it ran overtime as he was asking me questions about the wedding, none of which I could answer because I didn't know the answers to them.

An hour after I left Manchester, I finally got to Lisa's house at 2:35pm. I was so dead!
I got out my car and ran in to the house and into the dining room, everyone looking at me as I struggled to regain my breathing from the short run.
"I'm so sorry I'm late. The meeting with my dad took longer than I thought it would," I breathe, sitting down next to Joe.
"You're here now, that's all that matters." Tina smiled before Lisa could say anything.
"Yes, well let's just get on with this. Joe, when does your football season finish?" Lisa asked.
"End of May sometime. About the 23rd of May or around that time," Joe stated.
"Okay, so we're saying the 30th for the wedding then?" Lisa asked.
"How about the 24th?" I butted in.
"The 24th is a Sunday, Mia. I doubt that Joe would want to get married on a Sunday, the day straight after he finishes for the season." Lisa told me.
"I don't care if it was a Monday, I just want to get married to Mia." Joe said.
I smiled at him and looked over at Lisa and Tina.
"24th it is then! Now, venue? Where would you like to get married?" Tina asked.
"This is the problem that we have hit every time we've spoke about where to get married. We can't pick anywhere that's public, so that's basically everywhere is out. We've told the world that we aren't getting engaged so we can't have it in a public place." I told them.
"How about H manor? It's private, your family own it and you'll be able to have the say on what the place looks like." Lisa suggested.
I looked at Joe. "What do you think? I know that you would rather be married in a church and all but it's the only way we can do it in private."
"I know that I would rather do that but at the end of the day, I want you to be safe and feel comfortable in where we're getting married. I want this day to be the best day of your life and if that means us getting married at the house your family own, so be it."
"Does is still matter that it belongs to my parents? And that it's in Scotland?" I asked him. “Did I not mention that it was in Scotland?”
"It-” He starts. He waits a few seconds then sighs. “Mia, I don't care. At the end of the day, I want to be married to you."
I give him a kiss and look at Lisa. "H manor it is then."
"Flowers?" Lisa asked.
I looked at Joe again, "Carry on, I trust you."
"I love you, you know that?" I told him.
" I love you too," He replied, leaning back in his seat.
I look at Lisa and simply answer, "Roses."
"That's quite...colour?" Tina asked.
"See, that's the thing. I want two different themes going on throughout the wedding. I want a plain white theme for the ceremony. But for the reception, I want a black and white theme with hints of red coming into it now and again." I stated.
"What kind of wedding are you planning?" Joe asked.
"Ours, now shut up." I answer.
"We can do that. Any other type of..." Lisa started.
"I want diamonds. I don't know where, but I want them."
"Wow, bis ass contemporary wedding." Tina said in shock.
"I have the money to pay for it. Money is no object for this wedding," I told her.
"Bridesmaids?" Lisa asked.
"My sisters, so there's four already and my best friend."
"Five? Your are having five bridesmaids? If that's the case, then I want 5 grooms men." Joe stated.
"I was going to let you have five grooms men anyway," I told him.
"Anything else you think is important that we should start right away?" Lisa asked.
"Other than my suit, I don't think so." Joe told her.
"You're suit and the grooms men suits will be specially made for the wedding. We have contacts that can make them one of a kind." Tina told him.
"My dress!" I shouted.
"Okay, I'm out!" Joe said, getting up and stretching slightly. "I'll see you later back at the house."
I give him a brief kiss and he left. I looked back to Lisa and Tina and we started to talk about who I wanted to design my dress.