Chapter 29

I don't remember much of what went on after I fainted. I just remembered hearing people shout after me and then everything went blank.

"What's wrong with my fiancée?" I heard Joe ask someone.
"Joe, leave it. We can't do anything while she's out cold," a female voice replied to him.
"I will not leave it! I want to know what's wrong with her!" Joe shouted.
The room went silent at his tone. I could feel myself starting to slowly wake up and my eyes fluttered open. Joe quickly bent down to look at me.

"Mia," he breathed in relief.
"You fainted after you were sick,"Lisa answered before I had a chance to even ask what happened. "Joe wanted to take you to the doctors to get checked out but we didn't think that that was such a good idea."
"I still think she should," Joe snapped at Lisa.
I slowly sat up. "I will go...tomorrow. I just want to go home and rest."
"Mia, we should take you..." Joe started.
"No!" I shouted at him. "I just want to go home."
"Okay. Okay, I'll take you home." He said, helping me up.
I stood up and almost fell over. Joe picked me up and carried me in his arms out the room. We went down the corridor and headed towards the exit.

As the car stopped in the driveway, Joe got out and walked round to open my door for me. I got out weakly and Joe picked me up again. He used his foot to close the car door and carried me up towards the front door of the house. Joe's mum, Louise, opened the door for us and we went in.
"Joseph, why are..." She started.
"Mum, not the now. Mia needs to go to bed right now. I'll explain later," he told to her while making his way up the stairs.
He pushed open the slightly opened door of the master bedroom and walked over to the bed. He gently put me down on it and I immediately turned to lie on my side. He took my shoes off and sat down on the bed. He stroked my hair and I looked at him.
"Do I want to know what's wrong?" He asked softly.
"No," I replied, closing my eyes.
"How do you feel now?"
"The same. I just want to sleep."
"I'll let you rest," he said, pulling the covers up and over my body.
He got up off the bed and walked out the room to go and see his parents. I heard the door close over and drifted off into a deep sleep.

I woke up at 12:30pm the next day and turned to lay on my back. I heard voices downstairs talking and decided to go down. But before I did that, I needed to get changed because I went to sleep in the clothes that I had worn last night coming home.
I walked down the stairs 10 minutes after getting changed and walked into the living room. I saw a worried looking Joe sitting on the couch and his parents sitting on the couch opposite him. They looked at me and I walked over to sit down next to Joe. I sat back on the couch and Joe looked back at me.
"How are you feeling?" He asked.
"Ill," I replied.
"It'll just be nerves. Every bride gets them before they get married," Louise smiled at me.
I smiled weakly at her and I felt a sea of sickness come over me. I quickly got up and ran up to the bathroom in the master bedroom. Joe ran after me and held my hair back while I was sick. He let go of my hair and I sat back against the wall. I looked up to him, "I'm going to the hospital today, don't worry. Lisa text me to tell me that she's coming to pick me up."
"I just don't like seeing you like this," he replied as he helped me to my feet.
I washed my mouth out and brushed my teeth again. I turned round to look at Joe and hugged him tightly.
"I'll be fine," I said to him as I pulled away.
"I hope you will be because we're getting married in three days."
We walked out the bathroom and went back down the stairs so I could leave to go to the doctors. I opened the front door and looked at Joe.
"Trust me, I'll be fine. It's you that wants me to go and get checked out, remember?" I told him.
"Come here." He pulled me into his arms and sighed. "I love you."
"I love you too.” I let him go and walked out to Lisa's car.
I got in the car and closed the door before waving out at Joe as the car began to drive away.
"Does he know?" Lisa asked me.
"No. He just thinks I'm ill," I replied.
"When are you planning on telling him?"
"I don't know." I turned my head and looked at her. “I was thinking maybe during our first dance.”
She nods. “That'd be nice.”

Walking into the hospital felt weird. It had been a while since I was last in a hospital and it just brought back all of the memories from when I was cooped up inside it. I didn't really need to wait around to seem my doctor because he was a private doctor and had been the Halliwell family doctor for years.

As soon as I reached the reception desk and told them my name, I was taken straight away.
I sat up on the bed feeling very nervous and uneasy. The last time I was pregnant, I didn't even know and I lost the baby.
The doctor came in and smiled at me. "Hello, Miss Halliwell."
"Hi," I replied.
"So, Lisa has told me that you're pregnant. That's good news," he said to me.
"Is it?" I asked. “I just-”

“Amelia, it is understandable that you are nervous, most women who have miscarried before tend to be. If you have a happy and healthy pregnancy, I don't see what can go wrong.” He put a folder down on his desk and turned to me. "Why don't we just have a look and we'll see how everything is."
He gave me a scan and as soon as I saw the baby on the monitor, I started to cry. There was an actual baby growing inside me!
"See that little thing there," he pointed to the screen. "That's your baby. Now, judging by the size of it, I'd say you're about four to five weeks along."
"Wow.”
"Would you like..." he started.
"I think she would. Her boyfriend doesn't know yet," Lisa told him.
I snapped my head away and looked at her when she used the term 'boyfriend' instead of fiancé. She stood at the other side of the room and held her hands up to say sorry for not using the correct term when talking about Joe.

"I'll get that all sorted for you," he told Lisa. He left the room and I sat up.
"Well, that's that then," I muffled.
"What a wedding present that will be," Lisa laughed lightly.
I weakly smiled at her and the doctor came back in with an envelope in his hand.
"The pictures are in there and I will see you again in a few weeks to check your progress." He handed the envelope over to me and I accepted it.
"Thank you," I said and we left the room.
We walked back towards the car and went back to my house.

I walked into the house and Joe came running to me.
"I'm fine. They said that it was just stress," I lied.
"Thank god!" He said, hugging me. "We can get married without worrying that there's something wrong with your health."
I looked at Lisa and smiled.