Chapter 51

May

I had been living in LA for almost three months now. Joe was still trying to contact me but I decided to change my number so I wouldn't need to worry about him calling me again. Today was going to be hell for me though. I was going back to London for one of my friends birthday parties which meant that I ran the risk of seeing Joe.

I walked into my hotel room at the Mayfair hotel and sat my suitcase down next to the bed. I closed the room door right over and put my keys down on the dresser. I picked the suitcase up and put it on the bed before opening it up and taking out my black Elizabeth and James backless dress. I lay it out on the bed and took my Louboutin's out and sat them on the floor and smiled. I was almost done. There was a soft knock at the door and I walked over and opened it.

"Mia!" William squealed, giving me a hug.

"Hi, William." I said.

"How've you been?" He asked.

"Can you let me go and I'll tell you?"

"Oh, sorry." He apologised, walking into the room carrying a large black bag.

I closed the door and looked at him. "Back to your question now. I've been good."

"That's good. Now, I have to get your hair and make-up done for the party tonight." He told me. "Is this your dress?"

"Yes it is," I smiled.

"You will look gorgeous in that tonight. Now, hair?" He asked.

"I don't want anything too dramatic. Just-" I started.

"Cut and straighten? Make-up, simple?" He asked, sitting me down in front of the mirror.

"Yeah," I confirmed.

"Will do, gorgeous."

Two hours passed and William had finished doing my hair and make-up. I looked at the time on my watch and it was 6pm. I got up off the seat, picked my dress up and walked into the bathroom to get changed.

I came back out 10 minutes later and put my other clothes back in the suitcase. William looked at me.

"What?" I asked, looking at him.

"Wow," he was his only reply.

I sat on the bed and put my shoes on. "Is that a good thing?"

"Girl, every guy in that club tonight won't be able to take their eyes off of you!" He said.

“You need to bare in mind that technically, I'm still married.” I stood up and straightened out my dress. "Do think I'll need anything else?"

"Other than your bag, phone and keys? That's you," he smiled, handing me my Marc Jacobs clutch.

I put my mobile in the bag and was all set to go. William opened the door for me and I walked out into the hall. He closed the door and I locked it. I put the Key in my bag and we walked towards the lifts to go to the party.

We walked out the lift when it reached the ground floor and headed for the exit where there was lots of paparazzi waiting for me to come out the hotel. I walked out the hotel and security tried to hold the paparazzi off for as long as it took me to get into the waiting car. I got in the car and it drove off to Whisky Mist for the party.

I arrived at Whisky Mist just after 6:30pm and was escorted into the building. I noticed my friends sitting at a table and started to walk over to them. I got to about halfway over to them before someone bumped into me. I steadied myself on my feet and looked at the person who bumped into. I stopped when I noticed who it was. Oh, no!

I didn't wait from them to say anything to me so I quickly walked over to my friends. I sat down next to Megan, my friend who's birthday it was, and gave her a hug. I looked back over to the person who bumped into me but turned away when they turned their attention to me. Megan passed me a glass of champagne and I took a sip.

"So, how've you been?" She asked over the loud music.

"I've been better," I replied.

"That bad?" She said, mentioning to the person who bumped into me.

I nodded and took another sip of my drink.

It was nearing 1am and everyone, myself included, was having a good time. We were all bordering the line of being drunk but didn't care. Megan and Roshien pulled me up to dance with them and I couldn't say no. We got up and started to dance when I felt someone's hands grasp my waist. I stop dancing when I felt the contact.

"Dance with me," a male voice whispered in my ear.

I turned and looked into his eyes and went weak. No matter how much I hated him for cheating on me, he still had that effect on me. I turned back round and he held me against his body as we moved to the music.

The song finished and he took my hand and we walked over to where he was sitting. He sat down and I sat on his lap as we drank some champagne. I felt kisses being placed on my back and I turned to him. I smiled before lowering my head and kissed him. He clasped his hands round my waist and pulled me closer to him. I slipped off his lap to sit next to him, my legs resting across his lap.

He began to kiss my neck and I laughed. I unbuttoned the top buttons of his shirt and could feel his lips turn into a smile on my neck. I rested my hand on his chest as he continued to kiss my neck. I felt the coldness of his wedding ring on my back and slightly pulled away from him. He looked at me and smiled.

His smiled turned to a smirk and he reached over for a glass of champagne and took a sip. He offered it to me and I took a sip. I took it out his hand and dropped it onto the floor before I moved my head closer to his and started to kiss him again. He rested one of his hands on one of my bare legs.

"We should take this somewhere else," he muttered in between kisses.

"We really should," I said, moving my legs off his lap.

He stood up and held a hand out for me. I put my hand in his and allowed him to pull me up.

"But, if we are going, I need my bag."

I turned round as Megan walked over to me with my bag.

"You'll need this," she smirked, passing it to me.

"Thank you," I replied and walked out the club.

He opened his hotel room door and pulled me in. Once we were inside his room, he slammed it shut and took me in his arms. I let my bag fall to the ground as he started to kiss me again.

"We shouldn't," he said, holding my waist.

"I know."

"Why are doing this then?" He asked.

"Because we want to," I said, removing his shirt.

"True," he said, pulling my towards the bed.