Chapter 24

I woke up at half past six and Joe still wasn't home. Out of all the arguments we have had during our relationship, this was the first time he had actually stormed out after it and didn't come home. Even if he did get angry during our previous arguments, he never stormed out. The worst thing of it all was that he took his car and I'm scared that he might have do something stupid.
Groaning at the sunlight that streamed through the opened curtain, I got out of bed and made my way downstairs to see if Joe was lying on the couch in the living room. I looked in the living room and he wasn't there. I sighed in disappointment and walked over the couch and sat down.
I must've been sitting there for no longer than 10 minutes when I heard tyres move over the stoned driveway. I got up off the couch and walked out into the hall. The door opened and Joe walked in looking a little worse-for-wear. He closed the door and put his keys on the table.
"Where the hell have you been?" I shouted at him.
"Well, I wasn't going to stay here when you were angry with me, was I?" He stated, sounding a little cocky.
"What the hell has gotten into you? Ever since you got dropped from the first team, you've been moody as hell!”
"Do you blame me?" He shouted.
I shake my head at him and started to walk up the stairs. I stopped walking after five steps and looked down at him. "Life goes on Joe. Get over it and stop acting like an immature kid!”
I continued walking up the stairs and went into our bedroom to get changed for the day ahead.

I heard footsteps running up the stairs and come into the room as I stood inside the walk-in wardrobe picking out my clothes.

I turned and looked at Joe. "What?"
He quickly walked over to me and pulled me into his arms. I struggled against his hold and tried my hardest to push him away. There was no point in struggling anymore when he kissed me, causing me to stop fighting his eagerness.
He pulled away and looked at me. "I love you so much and I'm sorry I'm acting like this. I shouldn't be taking this out on you."
"I know you shouldn't. But that still doesn't make up for you not calling me to at least let me know you were safe." His grip loosened and I pushed him away with ease.
"Mia, tell me what I can do to-"
"Can we just leave it at you're sorry? I've got a meeting in a couple of hours. Let's not talk about, okay?" I asked.
"Okay," he nodded.
I walked past him to get out of the walk-in wardrobe and walked into the bathroom to start getting ready.

I didn't want to think about Joe right now, so sitting in a meeting with my managers, planning a photo shoot, helped me not think about him. I only wanted to think about my own work and nothing else.
I spent almost ten hours at my managers house (8am - 6pm) and I was starting to feel tired. When I arrived home just after seven, Joe was sitting on the stairs with his head in his hands. He looked up at me and I could see that there was tears in his eyes. I sighed and walked over to him, taking a seat next to him and taking one of his hands in mine.
"I thought you'd gone," he whispered.
"Why would you think that?" I asked softly.
"You left quickly and didn't phone me for god knows how long."
"It's not good is it?"
He shook his head and looked over at me. "I'm so sorry, Mia. I didn't know what to think after last night. My mind is all over the place and I just don't know what to do."
"Don't worry about it. That was last night. I've forgotten all about it and you should too. We have the wedding to look forward too. Surely that's enough to be happy about?"
"It is. But I don't want to-" He started.
"And you won't. You will if you keep bringing it up," I laughed.
I give him a kiss and stand up while still holding his hand. I gestured for him to stand up too and he did. I turned and started to walk up the rest of the stairs with Joe following me so we could go to bed for an early night.