Chapter 27

May 20th 2009 – 4 days till the wedding

Everyone I knew was starting to run about like crazy making sure that everything was okay for Sunday. Luckily, Ok! Magazine agreed to cover our wedding and they were shocked that we were actually getting married after they heard that we weren't. They took it as an honour that we chose them to have access to our wedding pictures for their magazine. This week started out as a crazy one but I loved it.

I woke up this morning feeling a little bit dizzy. Joe lay next to me still asleep when I felt sick. I got out of bed and ran to the bathroom, slamming the door shut and being sick. A few seconds later I heard a soft knock on the door and it opened slowly.
“Are you okay, Mia?” Joe asked, looking concerned.
I got up, washed my mouth out and brushed my teeth before I turned round to look at him. As I turned, he walked quickly over to me and helped me to steady.
I looked up into his eyes, “I'm fine. Don't worry.”
“Are you sure? I don't want you lying to me and saying you're fine when I can clearly see that you're not.” He told me.
“I'm fine. I just don't feel well that's all,” I replied, walking out the bathroom and going towards the bed.
As I reached the bed, I sat down and looked over at Joe, who was standing in the bathroom doorway looking at me.
“Are you sure? If you don't feel well, I don't want you to attend that charity event tonight.” He walked over to me and sat down on the bed.
I took his hand in mine and looked at him. “I'll be fine. So stop worrying.”
“Are you sure? I can call your...” He started.
“Yes, I'm sure. I'll be fine,” I told him.
“Okay.” He kissed the side of my head and got back up to walk into the walk-in wardrobe.
I waited till he was inside the walk-in wardrobe before I reached over for my phone and texted Roshien:

'Hey, can you do me a favour? I need you to get me something.
xx'

I was meeting Roshien to go shopping for clothes for my honeymoon with Joe to the Maldives, at 2pm. I got out my car and walked over to Roshien who was standing next to her car with what I asked her to get me.
“Here you go,” she said as she handed over a white pharmacy bag.
“Thank you,” I said to her and quickly put it in my bag.
“Why did I have to get it? Why couldn't you get it?” She asked.
“Because I have paparazzi following me around and I can't take any chances of Joe finding out the now.” I replied.
“Oh.”
We walked towards Selfridges and did some shopping in there before going for some late lunch at Room.
At 4pm, we drove back to my house.

I got out the car and saw Joe coming out the house to meet me.
“Did you buy the entire shop?” He asked.
“No, only half of it.” I laughed while starting to get my bags out the boot of the car.
“Let me get them, you're ill remember?” He took the bags out my hands and took them into the house.
“She may not be ill. It may something else,” Roshien said in a quiet voice.
I looked at her. “Say that a little louder, I don't think Australia heard you.”
She shook her head and we walked into the house.
I put my keys down and looked at Roshien. “Keep Joe busy and I'll be back in five minutes.”
“Will do,” she replied as she walked into the living room.
I walked up the stairs towards the master bedroom and walked straight into the bathroom. I closed the door over and locked it so no one could disturb me. I opened my bag and took out the pharmacy bag. I took a deep breath and pulled the pregnancy test box out the bag and looked down at it.
“Well, here goes nothing.” I mumbled and opened the box.

I did the test and waited five minutes like it said and looked at the results. I stared at them then looked in the mirror at myself. My skin had gone pale and I was starting to feel sick again.
I put the test back in the box and put it in the small bin. I opened the door and walked back downstairs, shaking lightly as I walked.

I walked into the living room and Joe looked up at me.
“How are you feeling?” He asked immediately.
“Not bad,” I replied.
Roshien looked at me and I raised my eyebrows at her.
“Come here and you can lie down next to me for a while before you have to go,” Joe said, moving to lay on his side on the couch.
I walked over to the couch and lay down in front of him, facing the TV. I felt Joe's arms move to rest on my stomach and I moved closer to him. He moved my hair away that covered my neck and kissed the bare skin that was exposed to him before resting his head on my shoulder. I looked at the TV and slowly closed my eyes, drifting off to a nice sleep.