Chapter 31

I took a deep breath, linked my arm with my dads and began to walk down the aisle. Everyone was on their feet as I entered but my eyes fixed solely on Joe standing at the alter. For all he didn't turn and look at me, I could tell by the way he was standing that he was nervous.
As I reached the alter, Joe finally turned round to me and a smile appeared on his face which made me smile in return. He stepped down the steps and waited till I had taken my arm out of my dads before taking a hold of my right hand and helping me up the steps. Once he knew I was firmly up on the small stage, he let go of my hand.

We went over the usual proceedings that happens at a wedding but decided that we would write our own vows instead. The minister asked Joe if he would read his vows first and he turned to face me. I handed my bouquet to Roshien before turning to face him.
Joe looked at me and sighed lightly. “Mia, I have loved you ever since I saw you when we were 16. I had no idea what the feeling was inside me when we danced together but I knew that it must have been a good feeling because you became my girlfriend.”
I smiled at him and he took a hold of my hand before continuing. “After seeing you in hospital and not knowing wither or not you were going to wake up, it killed me. I couldn't bare to see you lying there and I knew that I couldn't do anything to help you. It wasn't until that moment, I realised that it was you who I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. You have made me so happy and I love you so much. I would do anything and go anywhere you asked me to do and go. I want you to be by my side through everything. I love you so much that words really can't describe it.”
The minister turned to me and asked me to say vows.
“Joe, like you said, words can't describe how much I love you. You have made me happier than I have ever been in my entire life. Without you, I don't think I would be able to go on. When I was in that coma, just knowing that I'd wake up to see you was enough for me to pull through.” I said, feeling tears fill my eyes and I blinked them back as best I could. “I don't never want to not have you in my life. You make me so happy and you trusted my choice to get married in secret. I trust you with everything I have and I love you.”
A tear finally escaped from my eye and Joe wiped it away. I laughed and we looked at the minister.
“Can we have the rings?” He asked.
Joe's best man , Jack Brydon, handed the rings to the minister. Joe's ring was a simple platinum band with 'A&JH - 24.5.09' inscribed inside it. My wedding ring was similar to Joe's: a simple platinum diamond band with 'A&JH - 24.5.09' inscribed inside it. Joe picked up my ring with his right hand and held my left hand in his left hand, getting ready to place the ring on my finger.
“Repeat after me, I, Charles Joseph John Hart, give to you, Amelia Halliwell, this ring as a symbol of my commitment to love, honour and respect you with all that I am always.” He said to Joe.
Joe put the ring on my finger and repeated, “I Charles Joseph John Hart, give to you, Amelia Halliwell this ring as a symbol of my commitment to love, honour and respect you with all that I am always.”
I took Joe's ring in my right hand and got ready to place it on his finger on his left hand.
“Repeat after me, I, Amelia Halliwell, give to you, Charles Joseph John Hart, this ring as a symbol of my commitment to love, honour and respect you with all that I am always.”
I put the ring on his finger and smiled as I repeated, “I, Amelia Halliwell, give to you, Charles Joseph John Hart, this ring as a symbol of my commitment to love, honour and respect you with all that I am always.”
“Amelia and Joseph have made their blessing to love and honour each other and it gives me great pleasure to now pronounce them husband and wife. You may kiss the bride,” the minister said.
“About time,” Joe laughed.
I laughed at him. He pulled me into his arms and kissed me. Everyone in the marquee stood up and cheered while we kissed. I pulled away from Joe and breathed happily.
“I love you, Mrs Hart.” He said while holing me close by the waist.
“I love you too, Mr Hart.” I replied.
We pulled apart and Roshien handed me back my bouquet as Joe took my hand in his. We walked up the aisle as husband and wife to go back into the house for pictures while the guests went into the other marquee for some drinks.

It took us about two and a half hours to get our pictures done before we re-joined our guests in the marquee for some drinks. As soon as we walked in, we were each given a glass of champagne and went to talk to some of the guests.
I was standing at the bar that was created in the middle of the marquee, getting a drink when I felt someone put their arms round my waist.
“Did I forget to mention that you look absolutely gorgeous in your dress?” Joe whispered in my ear.
“You did actually,” I laughed.
He moved to stand next to me and held me by the waist. I looked at him and smiled.
“Why are you drinking orange juice? You never drink that at special occasions,” he said.
“It's been the only thing I've managed to keep down since this morning,” I told him.
“Well, why don't you try some champagne. For me?” He asked, holding his half drunk glass of champagne up for me to take.
“Fine,” I said. I took the glass he held in his hand and took a small sip. I found it hard to swallow it but did it anyway.
“Not so bad was it?” He smiled.
“No, it wasn't.” I lied.
He pulled me closer and kissed the side of my head as Lisa approached us to tell us that we had to go back into the house so that we could make our entrance down the stairs in the ballroom for dinner. We followed her out the marquee and back into the house.

At 5:30pm, guests were allowed into the ballroom to get seated for dinner. At 6pm, Joe and I were standing outside the doors leading into the ballroom. I suddenly felt sick and ran quickly to the nearest bathroom that was down the corridor. Lisa and Joe ran after me as I opened the door and fell to the floor to be sick. Joe and Lisa both held my hair and veil back while I was sick.
“Mia, I'll go and get you your toothbrush and things to brush your teeth,” Lisa said.
I nodded and Joe helped me to my feet and rubbed my back. I ran the cold water and took a sip of it.
“Maybe you should just stick to soft drinks,” he said with worry in his voice.
I nodded slowly.

We waited in the bathroom for five minutes before Lisa came back with my toothbrush and some toothpaste for me to brush my teeth. I quickly brushed my teeth and handed everything back to her. She put them in the lockable cupboard in the bathroom and we made our way back down towards the doors.
“I'll go in and when the doors open, you walk in.” She slightly opened the large ballroom doors and slipped into the ballroom, closing the doors behind her.
Joe took my hand and looked at me. “ How are you feeling now?”
“A little better,” I replied.
“Good.”.
We looked towards the doors and they opened slowly. We walked into the ballroom and made our way down the stairs. At either side of the steps, there was large church candles lit in glass holders. Black, white and red rose petals also trailed down the steps at either side and slightly moved as we passed by them.

We walked across the polished wooden dance floor to the top table at the far away end of the ballroom. Joe let go of my hand and let me go along the back of the table first and we took our seats next to each other. Once we sat down, the food was served.

Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. William had come over and removed my veil so it wouldn't annoy me while I was eating. Joe also removed his suit jacket which left him with his black vest top on over his white shirt.
The speeches were funny and Joe even got embarrassed doing his. He started off fine and as soon as he looked at his parents, he became all shy. It was so sweet. I stood up and gave him a hug after he finished and the caller began speaking again.
“Could I have everyone's attention over here!” He shouted. “It is now time for the first dance.”
Everyone in the room whistled and cheered as we made our way to the dance floor. This was going to be good.
“As a special gift to the bride for today, Joseph had someone fly in to sing while you have your first dance. Could everyone please give a round of applause for Mr Enrique Iglesias!” The caller finished.
I looked over towards the stage that was set up in between the stairs and Enrique Iglesias appeared. I looked at Joe and he smiled at me.
“I would just like to take this time to say congratulations to Joe and Mia. You two really do make a wonderful couple,” Enrique smiled to us.
He began to sing 'Somebody's Me' and Joe held me tightly against his chest.
I looked at him, “You've done so much for me today.”
“Well, the day isn't over yet. After the dance, we have the party and after the party, we have the night to ourselves.” He smirked.
“Only you could think that,” I smiled at him.
When the song got to 'Somebody wants you. Somebody needs you' Joe spun me out of his arms and brought me back in. We both laughed and I rested my head on his chest and closed my eyes.
We continued dancing together and then when I heard the lyrics 'You'll always be in my life. Even if I'm not in your life' and I looked up into his eyes.
“Joe,” I whispered.
“Hmm,” He replied, only half looking at me.
“I've got something to tell you,” I said, my voice starting to go a little shaky.
“What?” His attention became fully focused on me.
“I'm pregnant,” I told him.
He pulled back a little and looked at me.