Chapter 30

May 24th - Wedding Day

Lisa had been very specific as to where both me and Joe were to sleep the night before the wedding. She wanted us to keep to some sort of tradition because our entire wedding wasn't really to tradition. So, Joe was staying in my bedroom on the first floor while I was staying in the master suite the spanned over half of the fifth floor.

I woke up at bang on 9am in the morning because I was starting to feel sick. This morning sickness was starting to really piss me off! The sooner everyone knew the better. I asked Roshien to stay in the master bedroom with me because she was my best friend, my maid of honour and because she was the only one – other than Lisa and Tina – who knew I was pregnant.
I walked out of the en-suite bathroom and sat down on the end of the bed. I looked down at my engagement ring on my finger on my left hand and sighed.
"He'll love the news," I heard Roshien say from behind me.
"Will he?" I asked.
Roshien climbed out from under the quilt and moved to sit next to me. "He loves you so much. I'm sure that after you tell him the news, he'll love you even more."
"I hope you're right," I smiled weakly at her.
She hugged me just as someone knocked on the bedroom door. I stood up and walked over to the door and opened it to look at my big sister Susan.
"Breakfast on the balcony, Mia." She smiled brightly.
"Okay," I replied.
I opened the door right up and we all walked towards the balcony.

When I stepped out on the balcony, a nice cool breeze washed over me. The sun was just stating to bring warmth into the air as I sat down near the end of the glass table that was protected by the sun's rays with a large parasol. I looked across at Roshien as she sat down next to Lisa. The table was full of women: my mum, sisters, a few friends and my managers.
Smartly dressed waiters came out with food one many silver trays and placed them all on the table. They put a glass of champagne in front of everyone at the table and I looked at Roshien then to Lisa.
"I'd rather not. It's too early," I started.
"It'll help settle your nerves," my oldest sister, Anna, mentioned to me.
I picked the glass up and put it to my mouth.
"Mia!" William shouted as he came onto the balcony. I put the glass down and gave him a quick hug. "How are you? Oh, champagne! Don't mind if I do."

He took the glass of champagne I placed on the table and started to drink it.
"Take my champagne why don't you," I said sarcastically.
"Oh, sorry. Do you want-" He started.
"No! You're okay," I laughed. "I'll just stick to orange juice the now."
He sat down at the head of the table and we all began to eat our breakfast.

At 10:30am, William decided that it was time to get the bridesmaids ready. He had a team of 8 hair and make up artists with him to help today. He asked for all the bridesmaids to go into the salon that was located within the suite to get ready. After they all left, there was only me, Lisa and Tina left sitting at the table.
"Your dress will be brought up to you soon," Lisa told me.
I nodded and my phone went off. I picked it up off the table and looked at it. 1 new message:

'Hey, beautiful.
Can't wait to see you later on.
I know you'll look amazing like you always do ;)
Love you
xxxx'

I smiled and put my phone back down on the table. Roshien came back out to get her phone off the table with pink rollers in her hair and I laughed at the sight.
“Stop laughing, everyone in that salon looks like this.” She mentioned. "William wants you in to get your hair done.”
I took one last sip of my orange juice and stood up. I picked up my phone and made my way into the salon. As soon as I walked into the salon, William walked me over to a sink to get my hair washed. I sat down, put my head back and began texting Joe back,

'Hey, sexy.
Can't wait to see you either.
I hope you're going to look sexy in your suit later ;)
I love you too
xxxx'

At 11:30am, my hair was dried and put in rollers so William could begin putting my make up on. I told him to keep it simple with natural colours and to not over do it on the mascara.
After about an hour, he was done with my make-up and moved back to finish doing my hair.
"You're very quiet. What are you thinking?" He asked, taking the rollers out one by one.
"I want this day to be over with?” I laughed lightly. “I'm just starting to get nervous now."
"You'll be fine," he replied, pinning my hair back so it was left falling onto my back.
He asked Tina to go and get my tiara to be brought in as he curled the parts of my hair that were left down. Tina came back in and sat the box my tiara was in, on the worktop.

Everything William had in his hands, he put down and opened the box. He carefully took the tiara out and placed it on my head. It had over 400 diamonds spread out over 3 rows and you were able to see every one of them as it sat perfectly on the top of my head.
He added some extra hairspray onto my hair and I was done.
"Perfect," he smiled while looking at my reflection in the mirror.
I stood up and gave him a hug. "Thank you."
"Anything for you, Mia."
I pulled away and went with Lisa to go and get my dress on. I followed her into the master bedroom and there were four people waiting to help me into my dress – one of them being the designer of my dress, Caroline Castigliano. Today was the first time that I was going to see what my dress looked like now that it was finished and didn't have pins sticking out everywhere.

I walked out of the bedroom 45 minutes later in my dress. By this time, my bridesmaids were already in their dresses. I looked at them and they each looked stunning. They each wore a long black silk gown with a split up the side that had a piece of white material stitched in so you had both themes present in their dresses.
As they saw my dress for the first time, there was not a dry eye in the room. My strapless dress was made up of over 90m of silk and tulle. It had over 1,000 diamantés placed around the bodice of the dress alone. The back of it was cut into a V shape and attached together with both tulle and diamond straps. The train of the dress was 8ft long without a veil; with a veil, it went up to 10ft.
I looked at everyone in the room and everyone either had a hand over their mouth or was trying to stop tears from falling from their eyes. My eyes fixed on someone that I didn't realise was in the room, Joe's mum Louise. I slowly walked over to her and she took my hands in hers.
"You look amazing, Mia" She smiled brightly.
"Thank you, Louise. How's Joe doing?" I asked.
"He starting to show some nerves now. He's been pacing the room since he got up this morning," she laughed.
"So much for him not getting nervous," I replied.
"Yes, well that's how he is now. I better go. Joseph only sent me up here to see how you were after this week."
I smiled and gave her a brief hug before she left.
"Right, veil!" William shouted, trying to cut the emotional atmosphere that hung about in the room.
There was a knock at the door and Lisa went to answer it. She came back holding a box and walked over to me.
"This is for you," she said, putting the box down on the table in the middle of the seating area.
I sat down on the couch and opened the box up.
"Oh my god," Roshien said in shock. "I can't believe he did that for you."
Inside the box lay a dropped diamond necklace with matching earrings and bracelet. A single tear ran down my cheek and William quickly wiped it away with a tissue.
"Don't cry, Mia. I'll need to redo your make up if you do," he said.
"I'm fine,” I sniffed. "Can someone put these on me?"
Roshien nodded and put the jewellery on me.

2Pm came and I made my way down to the ceremony marquee at the back of the house. My veil was put on when we stopped outside the entrance and our bouquet of flowers were getting handed out as William fixed my make up and Caroline was checking my dress. I heard the music stop and Lisa handed me my bouquet.
"We better go," she said, her voice suddenly coming out in barley a whisper. "Don't fall in those heels you're wearing."
I smiled and gave her a hug. "Thank you. For everything."
She smiled at me and walked into the marquee with everyone that was to go in the now.
My music began and the entrance curtain opened. My bridesmaids started to walk down the aisle one by one and then it was my turn...