Chapter Twenty-Six

Start from the beginning

"Yes I am and this is my friend Lelaih Marshall I hope you don't mind I bought her."

"No, it's fine." We sat down like we knew each other forever well until Grace opened her mouth. "So miss Lacey why did you want to meet with me since you are a part of the reason Damien and his dad are trying to take my daughter?" she looked up in shock but recovered.

"I wanted to hear your story."

"And why is that? So you can be okay with yourself after you take my only child?" Grace was definitely not holding back.

"I'm not trying to take your daughter I just found out about everything myself. When I heard I knew I needed to see you."

"So Damien and his dad don't know you are here?"

"No one does. I don't want to marry someone that has nothing but bad intentions."

"Well, then you should run from Damien my dear." I could tell Grace was not about to let up so I stepped in. "What do you want to know exactly? There must be some reason you feel this way?"

"I was always told to follow my instincts and that's what I am doing. I want to know the man I am supposed to marry."

"And where exactly will that leave me huh? You get your little information while I'm still fighting for my daughter, so tell me why the hell should I trust your ass." Well she had a point.

"I know something isn't right and I want to know what it is. If you tell me then I can help you. I am not with them in trying to get your daughter." I just decided to tell her.

"Look Damien's dad, Trenton, is only using your family so that he can get to your money. He has a huge gambling debt and that's why he is making Damien marry you. They figured that if they have Trinity he will appear better or nice. Not to mention Damien was in prison for manslaughter but got out early for good behavior."

"He was in jail!"

"Yep."

"He told me he was a business investor trying to start his own business. I have spent a year with him and not one time has he told me anything about this."

"Not surprised, he is the same person that left me when I was pregnant."

"How did this get pass the background check not pick this up?"

"Maybe because you weren't smart enough to go far enough or maybe because you were too dumb to see what was right in front of you," Grace shot at her. The hell! "Excuse me?"

"You are going to sit up here and tell me you had no idea in your gut that, that man was lying in your damn face. Even after you met his dad nothing in your head snapped and said alert? Hell even when were together I always kept my eye on that man."

"Apparently not good enough." By now they were glaring at each other like they were ready to pounce any minute. "Okay you got the info you needed now what?"

"Now I put a putting to all of this to an end. I will let my parents know what is going on and trust me my dad will bury them."

"Seeing is believing." She didn't respond but just got up and walked out. She looked determined and I knew she was not letting this go. "Next time you invite me somewhere at least tell me you are going to be an ass."

"My emotions just got the best of me."

"Bullshit. You attacked that girl because you were mad that she was with Damien. I know you still love him deep down but you need to let that shit go. He is no good for you or anybody but him damn self. Trust me I know."

"You're right but just hearing what she said made me want to scream. I just can't get the day he left me when I told him I was pregnant out of my head. I trusted him and he left me like I was fucking nothing."

"Grace there is someone out there will gladly be there for you but Damien Willis is not that guy."

"I hear you."

"Good now lets go."

By the time I got home I was happier than ever. I felt like things might turn around. "Why do you look so happy?"

"Well my dear fiancé I am happy because Grace will finally be able to live in peace."

"What do you mean?"

"We met with Lacey Vangouh and told her everything. Once we told her who Damien and his dad really were she freaked saying she was going to put an end to everything." I took off my shoes and walked into the kitchen to find some ice cream. When I did I hopped on the counter and dug in. "So that's it?"

"Seems like it but we will see what happens." He nodded and leaned beside me. I could tell something else was on his mind. He had been quiet since yesterday after the whole ordeal. Frankly he was ruining my ice cream high. "Okay spill it."

"What?"

"Tell me what you are over there thinking about because you are ruining my ice cream high." He turned to me then rubbed his neck. "I know I said this was your choice since it was your body but I want a say in this whole fertility thing Lelaih. I keep telling myself it doesn't matter to me but it does. I want to have kids with you at all cost and I would not be able to live with myself if I didn't push you to take this chance. I know it may not be ideal but if it gets a child then why not try?" well there goes my ice cream high. I sat the ice cream aside and slid off the counter. I walked up to him wrapping my arms around his waist. I looked up at him, "If you feel this way then we will try it."

"I don't want you to do this for me Lelaih, I want you to do it because you want to."

"I want to do it for you. You have done so much for me, I want to do this for you. I see how torn you are about this; trying to decide if you should say something or not afraid that I will either blow up or crack. I want to be happy but I won't be happy if you aren't."

"So what are you saying?"

"I'm saying my future husband I will take the injections." He smiled leaning down to kiss me. I guess we were trying to have a child now.