Chapter 1 - Regrets.

Start from the beginning

"Destiny! He better not be in there!!" A voice came from outside my door.

I gasped into the kiss and pulled away. I looked at TeQuan with wide eyes, and his face mirrored my expression.

"Downstairs. NOW." My father said sternly, but loud.

I sighed and covered my face in shame. This is like the second time this has happened.

"C'mon. He'll be even more mad if we don't hussel."

I nodded and dragged myself and TeQuan out of the bed and down the staircase. 

My father sat there waiting. He looked calm, but I know better. He's pissed. We'll be lucky if TeQuan ever made it out of this house alive. We've already had a warning.

"Sit."

I walked over to the love seat and sat down with TeQuan.

"So, Destiny."

"Yes, daddy?"

I'm trying to suck up. Shh.

"What have I told you about having boys stay the night?"

I mentally rolled my eyes, "Daddy. He's the only boy who's stayed the night since..." I trailed off. I can't even say his name.

"I understand that. But you know how I feel about having boys over."

"He was helping me with the tw-"

"With all do respect, sir, I would never do anything inappropriate with Destiny in your home." TeQuan interrupted.

"I know you mean well, son. But I am still not comfortable with it in my home. I know you guys have been dating a while, but until you get your own home, this has to stop." My dad said.

"Dad, I'm not 17 anymore! I'm responsible enough to have boys stay over. You never had a problem with it before!" I semi-yelled.

"And look what happened. You got pregnant!" He said, his voice slightly rising.

"I was young! Naive! I've learned from my mistakes!" I cried out desperately.

"My house, my rules, Destiny."

As I opened my mouth to retaliate, a high-pitched voice interrupted me.

"Mommy? Gwanpa?" My 3-year-old son said sleepishly, rubbing his eyes. He was standing at the bottom of the staircase, watching all of this unfold.

I walked over to him, squatting down to his level. "Hey, baby. What are you doing up so early?" I asked.

He shook his head and continued to rub his eyes. "Don't rub your eyes baby. That's not good."

He nodded and stopped rubbing his eyes. "I had uh scawy dweam 'bout daddy."

I watched as the tears began to weld up in his eyes. I turned to look at my dad and TeQuan and they just looked at me with sympathy in their eyes. I turned back to him to see a tear roll down his cheeks.

"Don't cry. What was your dream about?"

"D-Daddy sed h-he d-don't wove m-me." He sobbed.

I pulled him into a hug while he cried. This is what I hate about them not growing up without a father. He always ask questions and have dreams. It's hard for me to see because he could have had a father if it wasn't for me letting him go. It's all my fault.

I pulled him out of the hug and began to wipe his tears away. "Listen, baby. Your daddy loves you very much. Okay? It was just a dream."

He nodded, "Mommy. Where's daddy?"