Chapter Twenty-One

Start from the beginning

He took us to his grandparents' house so that we could pick up Sapphire since she wanted to be involved in the wedding. I had decided that after talking to Grace I didn't have the time to plan a wedding so I would hire a wedding planner. I didn't like the idea of someone planning my wedding but I had no choice because if I didn't it would be years before we got married if he still wanted to marry me that is.

"Bout time you guys got here because this girl was driving us crazy asking when you would get back." Elizabeth stepped aside for us to come in where Sapphire ran to me wrapping her arms around my legs. "I thought you forgot about me and went without me."

"Lady bug you know I wouldn't forget about you. Plus I promised you I would let you be a part of the planning." Cordell unwrapped her from my leg making her sit down with him which she didn't like one bit. At home she stayed under me 24/7 and I knew Cordell hated it. Sometimes he would get jealous and other times he would get mad that she was taking me away from him. "Lelaih can we talk for a minute before you go," Conrad asked. I really wasn't in the mood for him to tell me how I was going to hurt the people I loved. "Umm sure." I looked at Cordell and he was debating whether he should come with me or not. I followed Conrad into the kitchen where he was leaning against the counter with his hands stuffed in his pockets while he looked down. "What did you need to talk about?"

"Well I wanted to apologize for the things I said to you the other day. Once Elizabeth heard what I had done from Cordell, she nearly put me out the house."

"Um thanks but it wasn't a big deal," I said trying to play like I wasn't plotting the ways to forever ignore him. "Yea it is a big deal. Cordell literally told me if I didn't fix this he wouldn't talk to me again. I have never seen him go this crazy over a girl ever, so that must mean you are something special to him."

"I didn't know he did that, he just said he talked to you about it." I felt bad the situation I had put him and Cordell. Now I wished I would've kept it to myself. "I'm sorry if I caused all this problem between you two. I didn't mean for him to act like that I was just venting to him."

"No, you shouldn't be sorry I should be. I should've never said that to you but I just wanted to make sure you were with him for the right reason. I was just trying to look out for my grandson; I mean I raised that boy he is like my son. I hope our little misunderstanding doesn't make you hate me because I know if you do Cordell will never let Sapphire back over here and I will won't see him either." Okay now I felt bad. "Conrad I would never let Cordell keep Sapphire away from you guys. She loves you to death and I would never keep her away. Frankly I see you guys as my family too. I never had a family like this so this is all new to me but I'm liking what I see. I'm just hoping you will accept me."

"The more you talk the more you make me realize the mistake I made when I attacked you. I am sorry for the way I acted and I think you will be a great asset to our family if you will still have us." Honestly I didn't want to keep this little feud going especially if Cordell was being the man he is. "I would love too." He smiled taking his hands out of his pockets and embracing me in a tight hug. I had never had a hug like this and it felt strange but weird. "Well I'm glad you two are back being in good graces now because he was going to be in the dog house until he did," Elizabeth said coming into the kitchen. Cordell was behind her glaring at his grandad. I was really going to have to talk to him.

After talking a little while longer we headed off to see the wedding planner with a sleeping Sapphire in tow. The whole while I thought about what Conrad said. "Did you really threaten to keep Sapphire away from your grandad," I whispered. "He disrespected you, I don't tolerate that shit." Okay then. "She loves them, you can't do that."

"She loves you too and if she ever learned what he said and that it had no consequence she would think that kind of behavior was acceptable." Good point. "Okay and I understand that but you need to forgive him."