--тωєиту тωσ--

Start from the beginning

    There was a bit of chatter after that and J-Hope whispered, "A group of us from the class perform something at FMF every year."

    "With that being said I need to know how many of you are willing to perform so placement can be held properly." Ms. Minji explained.

    "What's the song?" I heard someone ask.

    "Taeyeon's 'Why'." Ms. Minji announced, causing a loud squeal from both Isabella and J-Hope.

    "Yessss! I love that song!" I heard Isabella squeak, followed by J-Hope.

    "Ahh this year's performance is gonna be awesome! Have you seen the dance for 'Why'?" He nearly shouted.

    I heard a little laughs from around the room as they both tried to calm down.

    "In basicality, only 9 people are in the dance. Mrs. Minji informed me that usually only that many volunteer to perform anyway. Can I get anyone who wants to participate to raise their hand?" Ms. Minji asked. I saw Isabella's hand shoot up suddenly, followed by J-Hope, Grace, Chanyeol and Lyra. I saw Jimin smile and shrug, raising his hand up as well. With a little whispering from Lyra, Sana slowly put up her hand as well. Ms. Minji began to write people's names down.

    "Rona," J-Hope suddenly said straining, "You have to perform at FMF! It's amazing, and the dance this year is gonna be super fun-" He rambled. I made a little laugh and raised my hand too. Ms. Minji was still on the other side of the room gathering information from the girls over there.

    "I can't make it, I'm going on vacation that whole week," Irene explained, bowing her head in apology.

    "That's fine honey, you're not required to do it or anything." Ms. Minji said to comfort her, yet still looking at the clipboard of names.

    She turned back to Sana, who slowly lowered her hand as Ms. Minji looked up.

    "How about you honey?" Ms. Minji asked.

    "On second thought-" Sana began quietly, cut off by Lyra who wrapped an arm around her. "On first thought!" Lyra said suddenly. "C'mon Sana, I promise it will be fun. Plus Irene can't make it this year. You can fill in for her."

    "Ah, I guess that's a good point..." Sana mumbled, twisting the ring on her middle finger.

    "I'll come back to you." Ms. Minji smiled, moving on past them.

    "Rona, Hoseok," Ms. Minji listed, scribbling something down. "You're new, aren't you? I don't recognize you from last time I subbed." She asked.

    "Yeah, I joined just this week." I said politely. She nodded back.

    "I think FMF will be fun for you. You know about the festival?" Ms. Minji asked. I nodded and J-Hope backed me up.

    "She knows about it. She's helping us choreograph for it." He added randomly. She must've known "us" meant their band and she smiled at me.

"What a job, good luck with them," She laughed, "Some tips: Yoongi likes success, Jin is helped by encouragement, and Namjoon has determination."

I nodded slowly, wondering how she knew all this. Ms. Minji patted the side of J-Hope's arm as she walked onward towards the other boys.

"How-" I began to ask, cut off by his quick explanation.

"I forgot to tell you, Ms. Minji's my dance teacher outside of school." He laughed, scratching the back of his neck. My response was a silent "o" shape of my mouth. He opened his mouth to continue, but Chanyeol's loud pleas were too distracting.

"Pleeeeeease?" He begged, tugging on the shorter's shoulder. Suho just closed his eyes, trying to ignore him.

"There are four boys in the dance, I think it's why Mrs. Minji picked the song..." Ms. Minji trailed off, then looking up from her clipboard.

"How many people do you need?" Suho seemed to almost mutter, quickly replied by Ms. Minji.

"If Sana joins then just one more."

There was a little silence and a deep breath from Suho when he finally began, "Are there any other girls that want to dance the guy's part?"

The two girls next to him shrugged, one replying that she wasn't able to attend, the other saying she didn't have time to practice.

"Sana!" Suho shouted from the other side of the room causing Lyra and Sana to look up.

I looked over to see Lyra still trying to comfort Sana into performing. Ms. Minji walked over, followed by a little crowd of Suho, Chanyeol and J-Hope, so I followed.

"I-" Sana began, seeming like she was about to cry. I backed up to give her space - more people wasn't going to make her feel any better. When the guys didn't get the message. I pulled J-Hope back and he stumbled himself next to me. The other guys must've not seen me drag J-Hope, so I tapped them on the back, trying to gesture them back. Suho got the message and took a few steps back but Chanyeol was about to take a step forward. Before I could reach out and jerk him back, Suho was already pulling him behind us. I gave a silent laugh as Suho had a cheeky smile on his face, meeting Chanyeol's confused expression.

"Sana," I heard Jimin say quietly, pulling her away from Lyra. I could swear I heard a sniffle as they talked in the corner. I couldn't hear them but I saw a little smile from Sana, conversation closed by a little nod.

They came back, Sana standing back next to Lyra who started talking to her again. Jimin gestured Mrs. Minji to follow him over to the other side of the classroom, away from the rest of the class. They discussed something that I assumed was private, so I looked back over to Suho.

"Suho if you do this I'll buy you one of those huge plates of sushi." Chanyeol offered, met by silence. "It'll be one of those expensive ones~" He added, tugging on Suho's arm.

"As long as I don't dance Kasper's part, fine." Suho sighed, followed by some loud cheering from Chanyeol. "You're still buying me that sushi though."

~~~

    "Okay! Listen up!" Ms. Minji shouted, drawing everyone's attention away from the talking after we had changed clothes."Like always even if you aren't going to participate in the real performance we're all gonna learn the dance."

    The music started and I noticed J-Hope start dancing.

Baram byeoomyeon (When the wind blows) Good, good, good yeah

    J-Hope reached his right arm up, then turned and rolled his shoulders back. In a spin, he turned around, moving his left hand and then his right. I heard Isabella chant a little bit with the music, "Wax off, on..."

    I saw Lyra jump in for the next verse.

pyeolchyeo jineun modeun geon (Everything that happens from now) Great, great, yeah

    Lyra continued the chant that dawned on me was the dance. "Shoulder shoulder, right, right..."

    In slightly off synchronization each of them reached up as if they were pulling something down.

dallajineun mami (Your changing heart) Work, work, baby

imi imi nun ape areunareundaeneunde (Already, already it's glimmering in front of our eyes)

    The rest of the dance went quickly, Isabella joining in before the last verse and Ms. Minji lowered the volume on the song. There was a little laughter as Ms. Minji explained the chorus dance to the rest of us.
~~~
Thanks for everyone's input on the last chapter's a/n, it's really appreciated. There may be some schedule changes with this story so check my profile under "conversations" and there'll be a post with more information there. Final decision will be posted in this book though, so don't worry about checking unless you wanna join the conversation :] -1P