Chapter 45 The Moment

“Mmm” I sighed. Oh God, his lips felt heaven against mine. I know I should stop this at once. But instead of pushing him away, I cupped his face to pull him closer. He, on the other hand, had one hand on my nape while the other was around my tiny waist.

My back arched as he nibbled on my lower lip. Heat course through me that I feel like I’m going to explode anytime soon. I had a fair share of kissing guys but I never reacted to a kiss like this before. I gasped as his tongue darted forward while his hand started to travel down my thigh. I shivered at the sensation his touch brought. Oh goodness gracious! Why am I responding like this to him? Why am I kissing him desperately like this? I shouldn’t feel this way, should I?”

“No” I protested as I felt him pulling away. “Please don’t. . .”

My lips parted slightly as he was now trailing kisses on my neck. At first, I thought he was really going to pull away but it turned out that he wants to explore my neck but I prefer him kissing me on the lips. So I cupped his face again and brought it up to mine. A surge of contentment spread through my system as his lips touched mind again.

A loud, unexpected screech surprised us. We separated and that’s when I realized I was straddling his lap already. I can’t even remember climbing to his lap! How did that happen? God, I really can’t remember. I quickly looked away, blushing terribly. Oh dear, what did I do?

“I. . . it wasn’t. . . . I didn’t. . . .” I stuttered.

“Let’s just pretend it didn’t happen” he said. “It didn’t mean a thing, anyways”

My head snapped back to him sharply. He was wearing that I-don’t-care look of his again. He started standing up, making me stumble down on the ground. My eyes started to sting but I willed myself not to let the tears fall. I pushed myself off the ground and started gathering my things up. He wordlessly handed me to clue but I just shook my head. I’m not in the mood to read it anymore. I turned my back on him.

“Before we go” he started. “I just want to remind you that I’m the team leader here, meaning, you’ll follow everything I say. If I say run, you run, if I say hide, you hide. If I say NO, it’s a NO. Got that?”

I didn’t say anything. If I open my mouth, I think I’ll just end up bawling out loud. I’m being sensitive to him again. I shouldn’t be like this. I don’t have the right to feel hurt just because the kiss didn’t mean a thing. I closed my eyes for a moment and took a deep breath. I turned to face him again with a smile on my face.

“Yes, sir!” I saluted. “Now, lead the way and let’s resume our amazing adventure!”

o=o=o

~AUTHOR’S POV~

“Jiyong, I think that rope is not safe” Dara said as she watched Jiyong prepare himself to climb down the cliff since the clue required them to get a key that’s hidden somewhere down the cliff.

“Do you have any better idea?” he snapped.

“No. But-“

“Then don’t say anything”

“You’re being really mean” she said.

“That’s because I’m damn tired of your stupidity” he snide. She flinched at his tone. She turned away from him, trying to hide the stinging in her eyes. Why was he being like this? Moreover, why was she being sensitive to his rudeness? Shouldn’t she be used to it already?

“I’m coming with-“ she stopped as she turned around and found him gone. She sighed. The kiss only made their. . . . friendship more complicated. She shouldn’t have kissed him. She should have asked him to stop. She should have pulled away. But no, she did the opposite. And the worst thing, she betrayed Jaejoong. But then again, he’s been MIA lfor days. Can he really blame her for what happened?