Chapter 71 The Loss

-----

“No!” Dara’s voice echoed.

“How?” Jiyong asked his eyes on Sulli.

“A quick death” Sulli answered.

“JIYONG NO!” Dara screamed. When the guy ignored her, she turned to Sulli. “Sulli” she cried. “Please don’t kill them! I’ll do anything you want!”

“You’re striking a bargain with me?” Sulli asked, sounding amused.

“Yes” Dara nodded. “I’ll do anything you want, give anything you ask”

“What if I ask for a person, will you give that person to me?”

Dara glanced at Jiyong shortly then turned to Sulli again. “Yes. If you’re talking about Jiyong, he’s yours! I don’t care anymore!”

Sulli laughed. “Did you hear that, Jiyong? What do you think, huh?”

Something passed Jiyong’s eyes as he stared coldly at Dara. Then, a smirk lifted the corner of his lips. “Really now?” he asked. “What made you think you can give me away when you don’t even own me in the first place?”

Jiyong’s fingers slightly curved forward, as if he’s holding a ball. Everyone stared at him with curiosity and confusion except Sulli. His arm was trembling as he slowly lifted it up; it’s as if he’s carrying something heavy. To Sulli’s astonishment and to Dara’s horror, her parents were lifted up in the air. Dara’s heart tripled as her parents were now floating a few feet in front of her.

“No, no, no” she pleaded. “Please don’t hurt them”

“He’s not going to hurt them, Dara. It’ll be a quick death. They won’t feel anything at all” Sulli consoled her.

“No! Don’t do that! Jiyong, I’m begging you!”

Her plea was ignored as Jiyong’s slightly opened hand balled into a fist tightly. There was a sound of muffled explosion the same time blood hit across her face, her front and all over the place.

“NOO!” she screamed for the last time before her world stopped spinning. She can’t believe her eyes. One second, she staring at her parents in front of her but now she’s just staring at an empty space. It’s as if they weren’t really there a while ago. But no, her parents’ blood that is splashed across her face, body and all over the place was proof enough that her parents just died in front of her.

She wanted to keep on screaming. She wanted to keep on crying. She wanted to mourn. But for some weird reasons, she just stood very still, staring blankly at the space where her parents’ bodies just exploded. For the first time, she felt numb. For the first time, her tears ran dry. For the first time, her hope of Jiyong changing died. She doesn’t know how long they’ll last but she let the numbness took over her, letting it enveloped her that she found herself giggling. What started to be a fit of giggles, turned into soft chuckles until she finally broke into a manic laughter.

Every eye turned to her now. Her laughter caused unsettlement and fear to the ones who were chained up against the wall with her. Some even had goosebumps. Her laughter – it contained something fearful. A laugh should be a happy sound but there was an icy-cold hatred in it that seeps through the bones.

“What’s so funny?” Sulli lightly asked, tilting her head to the side, looking rather amused.

“Everything!” Dara laughed. “Everything’s funny especially YOU! Imagine, you went through all of these just to see me suffering? Am I really that special for you to waste time and effort to? Seriously, you’re so funny! Not to say a low-life fucking bitch!”