Chapter 3 The Move

I just had my night shower when my phone rang. Thinking it was just Sulli, I didn't hurry up to get it. But my screen only showed a number. Frowning, I pressed the accept button.

“Hello?”

“Hi” the person on the other line greeted, sending shivers down my spine. “It's Jae”

“Oh!” I grinned. I went to my bed and lied down. “Where'd you get my number?”

“Krystal” he said.

“Oh, really? She did that? Tsk, I should talk to her”

“Don't” he laughed. “I, uh, actually made a bargain with her just to get your number”

“What bargain?”

“Not telling” he chuckled.

“Knowing Krystal. . . you didn't spend money, did you?” I asked but no answer came. “That bad?”

“Yes” he chuckled. “But its worth it”

“Why, though?”

“Your voice sounds really nice” he answered instead.

“That's. . . you're such a liar”

“No, I'm not. I'm telling the truth”

“I bet you already told that to every girl you met” I said, rolling my eyes.

“No, I haven't”

“I don't believe you” I said.

“I'll work on that. You'll see”

“You can try” he teasingly said.

“I'm a very determined person, so you should be warned”

“Consider me warned” I laughed.

After a while, the call ended. I went to my study table when I noticed the light on my neighbor's room opened. Since my curtains were drawn away, and his blinds were up, I was able to see the famous Kwon Jiyong walked around his room. He took off his shirt and tossed it asid4e. He was in the process of taking his pants off when he glanced up. I quickly looked away, cheeks burning. My hands frantically moved around my desk. My hands landed on a notebook. I opened it and started fiddling through it. I glanced sideways again and I saw that he was walking towards his window, nearer to me. I shyly waved at him. He smirked then pulled his blinds down. Okay, that was rude. . . offending.

But I guess I offended him first. Staring's pretty rude. I just got curious, I think. He rarely goes home ever since his mother moved out to the city with her new husband. Before, he just use to lie on his bed, playing loud rock music everytime his parents starts fighting.

Shaking my head, I went back on the book I'm reading. After a while, my phone rang again.

“Yes, hello?” I answered, not bothering to look at the screen. I was already on the climax of the story!

“I was hoping you'd still be awake” a soft voice said. “And you are”

“Jae!” I exclaimed, tossing the book aside. “Oh, I mean Jaejoong. Do you want anything?”

“Call me Jae, that's fine with me” he answered.

We turned silent for a moment. I was waiting for him to answer my other question but when he didn't say anything, I asked him again.

“I just. . .” he trailed.

“Yes?” I urged.

“What are you doing by the way?”