Chapter 25 The Flight

o=o=o

“Found anything?” I asked.

“None” the other guy answered. “The job’s pretty neat”

“I told you so” I snorted.

He looked at me, eyes narrowed. “You know something”

I stayed silent. He suddenly grabbed the front of my hoodie and pulled me up.

“If you know something, you better start talking now” he gritted, his all-black eyes throwing electric sparks out.

“Let me go” I gritte back, grabbing his fists and pried them off my front. “If you want a fight, not here!”

His eyes suddenly went back to normal. He looked down at the girl’s sleeping figure then sighed.

“What did you two do today?”

“She bugged me all day about wanting to cut my hair” I scowled. No, I definitely didn’t enjoy the day with her. She’s just too talkative, too persistent, too nosy, too. . . annoying! “Just want you to know, you owe me big time and I won’t be doing any favors for you anymore especially if this girl is involved. I don’t know how you do it, but I can’t last a day with her”

He nodded. “I’ll give you a favor in return. Just name it”

“I don’t have anything to ask as of the moment but I’ll get back at it” I said.

We turned silent. After a while, I was able to caught up with what’s happening. Why am I still in Dara’s room when her boyfriend’s already here to guard her? Why am I even talking to Kim Jaejoong? Why did I waste the whole day with her? I had a choice to ignore Jaejoong’s request, I had the choice to just leave the girl behind but I chose to waste the day when I could have done some further investigations myself though I admit I don’t really think I’ll find something out. I got some suspicions as to why this is happening and I fucking need to know if they’re true but there’s no way I’m going to tell that to Jaejoong.

Yes, I admit I’m competing but not for the benefit of the girl. I’m competing simply because I want to defeat him, that’s all. My pride and arrogance are making me this way.

“I’m leaving” I said.

He looked up and nodded. “Thanks for staying with Dara all day” he smiled forcefully and went to sit on the edge of the girl’s bed. I shook my head at the absurdity in his expression as he watched the girl sleep - gentleness. No, there’s no such thing as gentleness in this world. It’s nonexistent while fear, hate and power are real – they exist.

I pulled the window up and was about to jump from it when I remembered something. I turned to face him again. “I suggest you tell her the truth. It would be better if she’s more cautious and it’ll be helpful if she stiops following me around especially in dark places”

Without wating for his reply, I jumped from the window. I fixed my hood up and looked up at the moon. A small smile curved my lis. There’s something about it that calms me.

My muscles suddenly tensed. I looked up to the roof of Dara’s room and saw a crow with blooshot eyes. My reaction was instant. I instantly jumped and quickly felt myself turned into a crow. I know Jaejoong felt its presence, too but I was sure he won’t leave the girl behind. But he didn’t see its eyes. Any normal person would panic if they see a red-eyed crow. But then, I’m not normal. I took the moment as an opportunity to gain victory. As I flew towards the roof, the crow flew away, too. I’m not a coward, but I admit the other crow gave me an off-feeling. We’re not normal and a bllodshot-eyed crow is way beyond abnormality though I heard some tales aboutt hem before.