Chapter 40 The Landmark

~AUTHOR’S POV~

“It’s this way, you moron!” CL insisted.

“No” Seungri asnwer4ed. “I can feel it. It’s this way”

“Well, you haven’t really won any game even if you cheated, have you?” CL mocked, crossing her arm across her chest. “So we can’t trust your so-called instincts”

“Why do you always oppose me?” he questioned.

“It’s because you’re a jerk”

“Huh!” Seungri snorted. “It’s not that. I just noticed, you became grumpier right after I announced my interest with Sandara Park. Don’t tell me, you’re jealous?”

“What?!?”

“That’s it, isn’t it?” he confidently asked. “Okay, I understand how you feel CL but I’m sorry, I just don’t feel the same way-“

PUNCH!!!

“Moron!”

“Aww!” he moaned. “That effing hurts!”

Meanwhile. . .

“Whoa!” Dara exclaimed as she flashed her camera here and there.

“We’re in a game Dara, not in a tour” Jiyong sternly reminded her.

“Spoilsport!” she mumbled. “It’s- oops!” she exclaimed as her right foot sli[[ed. She was on the process of stumbling backwards when she felt arms around her waist, her back leaning on something firm and warm.

“Watch where you walk, will you?” he hissed in her ear.

“You’re being rude a-“ she stopped as she turned around and realized that their faces were too close. Despite her control, her eyes darted to his lips. The memory of how his lips felt against hers flashed in her mind. Her lips started to dry so she ran her little tongue along it, unaware of the effect it brought to Jiyong. She slowly moved her eyes back to his, a small frown creasing her forehead as she saw that his lips seemed closer than before.

“Hey, you two!” a voice called, making the two of them jump away from each other. “have you seen Seungri?” CL asked.

“Err, no” Dara answered. “Why? Did you lost-?”

“That jerk!” CL hissed. “I thought he followed me after. . . oh never mind. I’ll go ahead”

“Err, goodluck!” Dara called as CL walked away.

“Let’s get going” Jiyong said.

“How many times did you win during the past games?”

“I never did” he smirked.

“WHAT?!?” she burst out.

“Youngbae always win. The second place is either Bom or CL – they interchange. I’m third because Seungri always cheat, so he’s always put to the bottom”

“I should have paired with Youngbae then” she said. “Aish! And I told Bom I’m not going to lose because I’m paired with you. Aish! How come you never won?”

“I don’t participate” he said. “I usually stay at the starting point and wait for them to come back and finish the game”

“Why, you lazy guy”

“I’m not lazy. I just don’t have the patience to do stuffs like this”

“How come you’re participating now?”

“For a change” he shrugged.

“Nah, I don’t think so. You’re just inspired to participate right now because you’re paired with me”