Chapter 24 The Breakfast

o=o=o

“Got a spare seat?”

Everyone looked up, dumbfounded. Dara got the worst of it. She was totally shocked. There, in front of her stands Kwon Jiyong with a tray of food on his hand.

When no one answered, Jiyong shrugged and sat at the vacant space. There was an awkward silence.

“I heard what you did for Dara’s father” Sulli finally broke the silence. “Thank you for doing that”

Jiyong glanced at her then smirked. “I was just around the area” he said, exchanging a look with Jaejoong. He avoided glancing at Dara as he turned to the others. “I believed we haven’t formally introduced?”

“My name’s Victoria” Victoria quickly came up and exchanged a handshake with him. She introduced the others to him without breaking the handshake. Dara then went back to her senses and cleared her throat in an attempt to catch Victoria’s attention. When the latter continued holding on to Jiyong’s hand and looking at him like she won a in a lottery, Luna silently nudged her side. This made Jiyong chuckle.

“So., let’s eat?” he began.

Dara on the other hand, can’t keep her eyes off Jiyong. He hasn’t glanced at her yet, though. It’s as if he’s doing it on purpose. She watched as he engaged into a conversation with Sulli. She frowned at this, wondering how he can talk POLITELY to Sulli. She thinks he’s being unfair and she can’t help but feel a little grudge towards her close friend. Her friend was acting like she’s a long time friend of Jiyong. She felt a hand intertwined with hers. She knew it was Jaejoong. But she kept her eyes on Jiyong and Sulli.

o=o=o

~DARA’S POV~

I found out I’m a territorial friend because after a week or so of the incident where Kwon Jiyong joined our table in the cafeteria, he suddenly became the “lady’s man”, though I must say, Krystal’s still hesitant and awkward around him. Some people were still cautious to be around him but over all, it’s as if he suddenly became the most admired person in school. Before, I used to hear people saying negative things about him but lately, all I can hear is that he looks so hot, so mysterious, etc.

I haven’t talked to him properly yet, though. Since he became somewhat sociable, he was always surrounded by girls or a few male students as well. I don’t want that. I want to talk to him with just the two of us. Plus, I feel a bit irritated since he’s totally ignoring me. I’ve got a lot of question that I’d like to ask him. But the question that’s really bugging me is, why is he avoiding me? He always engages to a conversation with Victoria, Sulli, Luna and Jae but he never initiated a talk with me.

Why is that, huh?

I looked through my window the moment I got up from the bed. When I saw the curtains drawn away, I quickly ran to the bathroom and took a shower. I also did my usual morning rituals before heading out. I smiled as I saw that he left his front door opened. I quickly went in and ran to his room.

“Kwon Ji-“ I started as I pushed the door open but I suddenly stopped at the scene that greeted me. Jiyong was sitting on the edge of the bed, drying his hair with a towel with only his boxer shorts on. But the sight of him being half-naked wasn’t the reason why I stopped. It was the girl on the bed, whom I recognized as Victoria. She quickly gathered the bedcover up to her chest and smiled at me.

“Hi, Dara. Good morning” she greeted.

“H-hi” I greeted back, then turned my eyes to Kwon Jiyong. “I’ll just. . . just wait on the kitchen”

I quickly ran to his kitchen, opened the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water, taking it all down in one go. I closed my eyes and started taking deep breaths. Afterwards, I opened my eyes and shook my head.