Chapter 38 The Act

o=o=o

~AUTHOR’S POV~

“She’s not even that beautiful” CL scoffed as she saw the girl sleeping with her head resting at the edge of the bed.

“You should get your eyes checked” Seungri said. “She’s the prettiest girl I’ve ever seen here”

“Maybe YOU should get your eyes checked” CL returned.

“Your bitterness is showing again” Seungri noticed.

“It’s really useless talking to you” CL grimaced.

“You find everything I do useless” Seungri fired back.

“Hey, you two” Bom joined them. “Can you take your bickering some other place? There’s a sick person here”

The two glared at each other and walked out of the room. As soon as they were out, Kwon Jiyong’s eyes fluttered open.

“She was reading you a fairytale book a while ago” Bom scoffed. “Beauty and the Beast, to be exact”

“Why am I not surprised?” Jiyong chuckled lightly.

“I have a feeling she thinks she’s Beauty and you’re the Beast” she continued as if he didn’t speak. “Funny isn’t it? Who in their sane mind would read a fairytale story to a teenage boy who doesn’t even believe in forever or promises or. . . . “ she trailed then sighed. “but I guess your taste changed. You prefer mentally unstable people now, don’t you?”

“Bom, you’re not really doing any good to my condition right now “Jiyong cut off. He sighed and closed his eyes.

“When are you going to stop this foolishness, Jiyong? You’ve been endangered TWICE because of her. Are you going to wait for the third time to kill you?”

“Can we just talk when I’m feeling better? You’re stressing me out”

“Of course” Bom tightly said. “Now that you’re stable, you don’t need me anymore, do you?”

Jiyong heaved a sigh again as Bom left the room. He hates being in bed all the time and the other acting like this wasn’t helping him at all. He tried to push himself up in a sitting position but his wounds were giving him hard time. he exhaled loudly at the effort of trying to ignore the pain hitting every part of his body. But at least, the cursed wound’s not a big problem anymore.

He suddenly stopped pushing himself up as he heard Dara’s grunt. He looked down and saw the girl starting to wake up.

“Ya!” she suddenly burst out. “What are you doing?! You’re not that well yet!” she growled then pushed him back to the bed.

“I’ll get sicker if I remain lying here!” he returned.

“Will you just stop arguing?” she snapped. “I’ll pin you down myself if you insist on getting up”

“Like you can do it” he snorted.

“I can” she said, determined. “And I will if I have to”

Jiyong sighed and closed his eyes for a moment. The girl was right, he hasn’t regained his strength yet but he doesn’t like the fact or idea that he’s just lying down and doing nothing. “Bom said you were reading a fairytale book me” he started, his eyes opening to look at the girl. “Like, seriously?”

“When I was a child, my father used to read my books everytime I’m sick and I always feel better afterwards”

“So you think I’ll feel better because of it, too?”