Chapter 58 The Call

o=o=o

“I love you” he whispered. I froze then looked up at his face. He had his eyes closed, his breathing was even. It took me a minute to realize that he was dreaming. My heart faltered in disappointment. But then again, I can’t help but fantasize that those words were for me.

My phone rang. I lazily reached out for it. I saw Youngbae’s name on the screen. “Hey, Youngbae” I answered. “What’s up?”

“I need your help” he said.

“What help?”

“Can you meet me at the alley near the port?”

I looked at the time. It was already ten in the evening. I hesitated. “What happened, anyways?”

“It’s Bom” he said. “Can you. . . can you just come here as quickly as you can?”

“Okay, okay” I answered. I took off Jiyong’s and got out of the bed. I went to get dressed and decided not to bother waking Jiyong up. I think I already know Youngbae’s problem is, though I admit I find it a bit weird for him to ask me to meet in the alley near the port.

After putting some clothes on, I went to give the sleeping Jiyong a light kiss on the lips before heading out I went to my car and started driving to the port.

Upon reaching my destination, I quickly got off the car and went to the alley. I saw Youngbae leaning against the wall with his head bowed.

“Youngbae?” I called. He looked sideways and through the help of the faraway post, I saw his eyes were all-black. “What happened?” I asked.

“Did he confess to you already, Dara?”

“”What are you talking about?” I asked.

“Have you fallen deeply in love with him?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about. Really, you’re creeping me out here. Where’s Bom?”

“I guess this only mean that the game is nearing its end” he continued, ignoring my question. “Who do you think will win?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about” I repeated, taking a step back but I can’t move my feet, it’s frozen!

“I still have a few cards in my hand” he smiled. “Hmm, I think I’m going to win this game. But then again, I always win, don’t I?”

“Youngbae, I can’t-” I stopped as he was suddenly in front of me.

He caressed my cheek. “You’re a pretty little bitch, aren’t you?”

I shook my head as tears started forming in my eyes. My heart’s beating so fast against my chest from fear. I wanted to push him away but my arms were locked at my sides. I wanted to run away but I can’t seem to move my feet. I wanted to scream for help but my voice failed me. I can only manage a whimper, a whisper.

“Why are you doing this?” I breathed.

“This is a game, Dara” he smiled innocently. “It’s so unfair, don’t you think? How can Jiyong get everything while I can’t have anything? I’m always left with nothing. NOTHING!”

“How could you-?”

“SHUT UP!” he bellowed and I felt my mouth snap closed. I tried to speak again but my mouth won’t open. “I’m still talking” he hissed. “Now, that’s better” he smiled again. He took out a small knife and used it to rip my shirt open. A sob rose to my throat as his eyes feasted on my almost naked upper body. I gave a whimper of protest as he reached out to unclasp the front hook of my bra. I closed my eyes and silently screamed Jiyong’s name.