Chapter 21 The Challenge

~AUTHOR’S POV~

Kwon Jiyong stepped into the bathroom while a loud music was playing in his room. He smiled a little as the cold water ran down his body. He leaned his hands against the wall in front of him and bowed his head down. His shoulder-length hair hung loosely at the side of his face. As the third song started to play, he started humming along.

~~Sip my blood till there's no blood left to spill
From my neck embraced by a concealed grip I welcomed in my arms
Bruised by your love
Burned by your kiss
Is this true love?
Bruised by your love
Burned by your kiss

Young blood spills tonight
This time the victim is you
Poison lips, the ones you kiss
I swear my love for you is true
Young blood spills

Now there I sing my deadly lullaby
Bruised by your love
Burned by your kiss
Is this true love?
Bruised by your love
Burned by your kiss
Is this true love?
Now there I sing my deadly lullaby 
Now here I sing to hypnotize your body
Now there I sing my deadly lullaby
Now here I sing to hypnotize your body
We bled that night till drained
You drank me dry i did the same
We bleed this night till drained
This cold
We bled that night till drained
You drank me dry i did the same
We bleed this night till drained
This cold night~~

When he was finished, he dried himself with a towel and wrapped another around his waist. As he stepped out of the bathroom, he immediately noticed a head and a set of arms stuck in his window. He watched as SHE tried to pull herself out of the window with amusement and disgust. With a shake of the head, he lowered the volume down.

“What the fucking hell are you doing?”

“Could you. . . help me get out of here?” she gritted. “I rang the doorbell a lot of times but I guess you didn’t know it. Some help?”

He didn’t move. He just stood in his spot and crossed his arms across his chest. The girl growled in frustration as the guy didn’t help her at all. She took a rest for a while before mustering all of her strength to pull herself out of the window. She hurt her hips in the process but she didn’t mind. When she was out of it, she crawled and pushed herself up.

“Whew” she exhaled. “I used the step ladder to. . . .”

He was quiet.

“Can we talk?”

“There’s nothing to talk about” he dismissively said.

“At least hear me out.

“Listen to what? To your apologies? To your futile attempts of befriend me?”

“I admit I doubted you and as a friend, that’s the-“

“Friend?” he scoffed. “Do you even know what friendship means?”

“Friendship is. . . .” she quickly answered but faltered. What is friendship?

“In case you don’t know, friendship is basically founded by TRUST” he quietly said. “Now tell me, can you really call yourself a friend?”

“If. . .” she paused and cleared her throat. She was on the verge of crying again. “Please hear me out”

When he didn’t say anything, she quickly took advantage of it.

“I’m sorry for doubting you. Anyone would have jumped off to the same conclusion I had when I saw you in the kitchen. I just got scared for Dad’s life and I felt helpless. I also want to apologize for scratching you and spitting at you. People make mistakes, Jiyong. Nobody’s perfect and I believe that everyone deserve a second chance”