Chapter 29 The Talk

Seungri and Youngbae turned into their human forms as they saw a car in the middle of the road and a girl lying on the street, unconscious.

“She’s still breathing” Seungri told Youngbae.

“This one’s not so good” Youngbae said. “We need to bring him back to our place at once. The hospital can’t fix this anyways”

“Okay” Seungri nodded. “Are the keys-?”

“It’ll be faster to travel through air” Youngbae said. “Let’s leave the car first and we’ll get back to it after we bring the both of them to Bom’s place”

“Okay” Seungri nodded again “You bring him, I’ll bring Dara”

Youngbae gave him a look but he did what he said. Seungri scooped the girl while Youngbae pulled Jaejoong off the car.

“Let’s go”

o=o=o

“Bom?”

Bom looked up at her mother and smiled a little. “He’s still unconscious” she said.

“He’ll get by” her mother said. “Come on, you need to rest”

She shook her heard stubbornly. The old woman sighed and squeezed her daughter’s shoulder before leaving the room.

“How is she?” Youngbae asked.

“Still worried to death” the woman answered. “Jiyong’s not showing any signs of improvement while the other guy seemed to recover quickly. How about the girl?”

“Seungri’s keeping her asleep” Youngbae answered then sighed, making the older woman chuckle.

“Seungri’s not a kid anymore, Youngbae”

“He’ll only get himself hurt” Youngbae stated.

“That’s the beauty of life” she smiled gently. “You’ll understand that someday”

o=o=o

~JAEJOONG’S POV~

I gasped out loud as soon as I opened my eyes, glad that I was able to escape those horrifying nights – actually, I can’t remember how many nights I’ve been suffering already. I gloried at the sight of the light, grateful that I’m still alive. The nightmares were so real – I felt so trapped in the darkness, tortured, to think that I’m used to the darkness, that a part of me came from that side.

I suddenly sat up straight as I remembered what happened at the foundation dance.

“Oh, you’re up already”

I looked sideways and saw Youngbae. “Where’s Dara?”

“Sleeping” he answered. “You should stay still, though. You’re not fully recovered yet”

“How long have I been-?”

“About two days”

“Two days?!” I exclaimed.

“We already talked to your parents” he said. “I must say, it took us some time to find them in Europe”

“Dara’s parents?”

“We fixed that with your parents already. The girl’s parents think you two are together. . . somewhere”

I closed my eyes. I don’t like this.

“Oh, err, your mother will arrive anytime this week to check up on you”

This isn’t really good. I looked down at my body. I almost back to normal except for some reddish and bluish discoloration visible everywhere, hated the way I feel so wobbly. I put on the shirt I found beside the bed.