Chapter 48 The Obvious

“Can we try it tonight?” she asked. “I want to feel free”

Jiyong shrugged and walked to the door. As they ere outside, Jiyong looked up. “Take my hand” he told Dara without even looking at her. Dara complied. Slowly, Jiyong channelled some of his energy to her and also gave her some instructions on what to do.

They ran for a half minute before jumping into the air. Dara was taken by the moment the wind held her wings. She gloried in the feeling of flying. She found out Jiyong was telling the truth. Being up in the air made her feel. . . FREE. She closed her eyes, drifting along the wind. She flew in circles for a few times before diving down the earth then pulling right back up before she hit the ground.

Jiyong let her enjoy the sense of flying. When he thought she had enough already, he gave a loud screech and motioned her to follow her with his head. He swerved sideways and along the alleys as he led her to the port. He circled the area first to check for any unwanted eyes. When he was sure there was no one around, he went to the ground, taking the form of his human self. He directed Dara towards him and turned her back to herself.

“Wow!” she exclaimed. “That was fun! We should do that every night”

“We can’t” he said. “It’s dangerous for you”

“What usually happens when you know, I’m being played? I can’t remember anything”

“You don’t really want to know”

“I wonder who’s doing this and why?”

“That’s exactly why Jaejoong was away” he said. “You should have listened to him first. You were a bit harsh to him”

“What now, you’re being friends with him?”

“No” he chuckled. “But he’s a good guy. If I were you, you should stay with him”

“Are you getting gay with Jae?”

“You’re really slow, aren’t you?” he breathed. “What I’m trying to say is, you should not let your eyes wander around anymore. You already got a good guy beside you”

“You’re really creeping me out right now” Dara joked, trying to hide the unpleasant emotion brewing inside her. “Is this really you talking?”

Silence.

“Do you think I should just forgive him and get back together?”

“You should” he said. “In that way, I’m not obliged to watch over you anymore”

o=o=o

~DARA’S POV~

“Everything’s fine, Dad” I said. I’ve been on the phone for what seemed like an hour already.

“We’ll be visiting you soon, okay? And oh, say hi to Jae for your Mom”

“Okay, okay. I have to go, Dad. I’m gonna be late for school”

“We missed you dear”

I smiled. “I missed the both of you, too”

I saw Jae waiting for me as I stepped out of the house. Well, I could just ignore him and drive my own car to school, right?

I sighed and walked to him. “Didn’t I tell you not to show your face to me for a while?”

“I just wanted to see you” he quietly said. “And I just wanted to make sure you’ll be safe. Don’t worry; I’ll keep a friendly distance from your car”

I sighed again. “You don’t have to do that. I’ll just ride with you BUT that doesn’t mean that we’re okay”

“I understand” he nodded with a little smile on his lips.