Chapter 52 The Endearment

o=o=o

“Where are we going to sleep tonight?” I asked him.

“We can’t sleep in one bed now” he said. “It’s unethical” he finished with a laugh.

“Ha ha. Very funny”

“It is funny” he said.

“No, it isn’t” I grimaced.

“Aren’t you worried of what people might say?” he asked humorously.

“You’re so happy tonight” I noticed. “I take it it’s because of me?”

“Conceited” he chuckled.

I smiled in return and just rested my chin on his shoulder. He’s currently walking home with me on his back. It’ll be a long journey before we reach home. And it’s not just the journey home that’ll take time. But I know I can endure it as long as his with me – my own fallen angel.

I knew it. Right from the beginning, I sensed Jiyong was special, still and always be special. But of course, I really didn’t have any idea of what and who really is. My crazy little mind just came up with the fallen angel image. Well, come to think of it, he’s really like that since he’s somehow connected to that beautiful fallen angel.

“Why do you think there has been no attacks on me lately?” I opened.

“I don’t know, either” he said. “But let’s just be grateful with it”

“Ooh, you’re worried for me!” I giggled.

“You assumed too much, don’t you?”

“No, I don’t. I just find you easy and hard to read at the same time”

We turned silent after that. But we would bicker every now and then while making our way home. I kept on mocking and teasing him at how he tries to be funny. Ha! I’m glad that he’s being cool and not being grumpy but I enjoy it everytime he growls.

“Jaejoong’s in front of your house” he informed me.

“Huh?” I blankly asked. I looked up and saw that he was telling the truth. I climbed down his back and joined our hands together. “Jae” I called. “What are you doing here?”

“I wanted to talk to you2 he said.

“Jae, I-.”

“This’ll be quick” he quickly said. “Jiyong can stay and listen”

“Get on with it then2 Jiyong said.

“I’d still be watching over you every now and then, Dara” he said. “Don’t be surprise and don’t panic if you see me around sometimes”

“Jae, you don’t have to-.”

“I want to2 he cut off, then gave me a tight smile. “See you around”

“I can’t understand what he sees in you” Jiyong clicked his tongue after Jae’s car got out of sight. “If you ask me, you look ordinary”

“Ya!” I protested.

“Just telling the truth” he shrugged.

“Well, maybe because I’m simply charismatic and charming” I boasted.

“I don’t think that’s it” he disagreed.

“Maybe you two saw the same thing”

“I doubt that” he waved off.

“Aish” I growled. “What did you like about me then?”

“I didn’t say I like you” he coughed.