Chapter 59 The Distraction

“I found him” Seungri announced. “He’s staying in an abandoned building Westside from town”

“Good” Jiyong nodded.

“If this turns out bad, both of you are dead” Bom darkly said.

“Bom, I’m-.” Dara started.

“I’m not doing this for you” she grimaced. “I’m doing this for Youngbae”

“Did you call Jaejoong already?” Jiyong asked.

“Yes” Dara nodded. “Are you sure you want him to watch over me? Can’t you just stay with me and let Jae go with them?”

“I don’t like this, either Dara” he said.

“And I’m not going anywhere without Jiyong” Bom butted in.

Jiyong turned to Dara. “I’ll be back”

“You should be” she said making him chuckle. He then leaned down to kiss her.

“Time’s running” Bom interrupted.

“See you in a few” Jiyong whispered huskily.

“I love you” she said,.

“Let’s go already” Bom impatiently said.

The moment Bom, Seungri and Jiyong left, that’s when she noticed CL slumped in the sofa. She went to her and dropped herself beside the girl.

“Why didn’t you go with them?” Dara asked.

“Jiyong told me to stay” she answered.

“Oh” Dara mumbled.

“He just wants to make sure you and Jaejoong won’t do anything behind his back, actually”

“I won’t do that!” Dara defiantly came up.

“I know that” CL grimaced, “I was just joking”

Dara sighed. “Do you think they’d be fine?”

“I can’t tell” the other shrugged. “Let’s just hope Bom’s presence would do something. But that’s exactly the problem with being involved with a shadow, isn’t it? There won’t be a day that they won’t be in danger”

“Is that. . . . is that why you’re being cold to Seungri?”

“What are you talking about?”

Dara sighed again and just let it go. “I can’t believe Youngbae. . . . “ Dara trailed.

“Feels the same” she said.

“Why do you think he’s playing this game?”

“I’m not well-informed about masked shadows but based on what Bom found out, they take pleasure in watching ordinary people’s lives in a mess. They enjoy seeing pain and suffering. . .”

“But why me?”

“You could have been randomly chosen” CL shrugged. “Or maybe you’re simply a shadow magnet”

“A shadow magnet?” Dara repeated.

“That’s what the other shadows here call you. You’re quite popular with them, you know”

“Why?”

“For some reasons” she said. “Being involved with Jiyong’s one. Your body’s endurance and sensitivity to shadows come next. And for obvious reason, you’re beautiful and all shadows are men”

“What does the second reason mean?”

“Basically, you should be exhibiting signs of being cursed or what Jiyong calls shadow’s infection but as you can see, you’re quite normal, except maybe for your inborn brain damage”