Chapter 46 The Maze

“Cat fight coming my way” I mumbled under my breath. “You go find the box. I’ll handle this myself” I turned to Jiyong.

“I’ll be quick” he said and let go of my hand.

I crossed my arms across my chest as I waited for her to reach me. Youngbae was right behind her while Seungri and CL were still arguing and they were getting physical already.

“You really are a bitch, aren’t you?”

“Bom, let’s-” Youngbae started but Bom held a hand to shut him up.

“And you’re being a B too, actually” I said.

“Is this what you usually do everytime your boyfriend’s away? Is this what you do behind his back? Flirt with other guys?”

“I’m not flirting!” I defended myself, turning red as guilt came over me.

“What do you think your boyfriend would feel, huh?”

“Bom, that’s enough” Youngbae warned.

“No” Bom stubbornly refused.. “This has gone for too long already”

“Then maybe we should put an end to this” I dared her.

“Yes, you should” she agreed. “You should stay away from Jiyong, you flirty little bitch!”

“Maybe you should stop going after him, too. Don’t you think you’re being too clingy and pathetic for still hoping that he’ll get back with you?”

“Dara, you don’t really have to say that” Youngbae quickly said as Bom’s nose flared dangerously.

“No” I said. “I had enough of her taunts and sarcasm. It’s about time for her to realize that Kwon Jiyong will never look at her the same way he used to-“

“Why you little slut!” she burst out, raising her arm. Okay, she was going to slap me, I know that but I remained motionless as I watched her hand slowly descending. I was expecting it to come already but a hand stopped her hand from making contact to my face.

“That’s enough” Jiyong’s familiar voice entered my ears.

“Jiyong. . .! How could you side with her?” Bom wildly asked.

“I’m not siding with anyone, Bom but you don’t have to hurt her”

Bom pulled her hand back and turned to me, glaring. I quickly hid myself behind Jiyong, sticking my tongue out at her.

“Did you see that?!?” Bom exclaimed. “She stuck her tongue out at me!”

“Dara” Jiyong warned.

“That’s it? You’re just going to let her disrespect me?!”

“Bom, you’re overreacting” Jiyong impatiently said.

“It’s happening, isn’t it?” Bom then whispered quietly. '“You said it won’t happen. You said you’ll never let it happen. I should have known better!”

There was silence as Bom and Jiyong eyed each other carefully. Then, Jiyong let out a defeated sigh. “I’m sorry” he said quietly that at first, I thought I was just imagining it. But seeing the look on Bom’s face told me that what I heard was real. What’s happening here, anyways? Why is Jiyong acting so serious and sounding so desperately defeated? Why is Bom looking like she’s about to cry? And why is Youngbae giving Jiyong a pleading and warning kind of look?

“I found it!” Seungri suddenly rejoiced. “See? SEE? I’m not that dumb and useless as you think I am, you grumpy old maid!”

“Dara, let’s go” Jiyong turned to me. “I already got the clue”