Chapter 17 The Snakes

~AUTHOR’S POV~

She turned back to them, planning to ask them where the door but they were already gone.

“Looking for someone?” a voice from her side asked. She turned to the left.

“Kwon Jiyong!” she rejoiced. “Where are the others?”

“Lurking somewhere” he shrugged. “Let’s go?”

“Okay” she eagerly repiled. “I thouht you weren’t really going to walk me to my car anymore”

He led the both of them to the metal door. As soon as he closed it behind him, Dara suddenly had goosebumps for the eerie silence that greeted ger.

“Why are you being kind all of the sudden?”

“Would you prefer me being rude?” he asked.

“No”she quickly replied, shaking her head. “I’m just curious”

“I’m in a BAD mood that’s why I’m being kind to you” he snorted.

“Are you trying to be funny or you’re just being sarcastic?” she asked, eyes narrowed.

“I’m being sarcastic”

“Oh, I thought you’re being funny” she mumbled.

“You’re being sarcastic yourself” he returned.

“I’m not being sarcastic” she defended then groaned out loud as she saw the spiral staricase again. “How come people still come here? It’s so impossible to reach the top. This’ll be a long climb”

“Hmm” he thoughtfully mumbled. He suddenly faced her, smirked then inclined his head to the side. The girl’s eyes widened as his eyes went all-black again. But then, she decided that it was just a trick of light again due to the dancing flames on the torch.

“Should we start-?” she stopped as she suddenly felt dizzy and sleepy. She yawned. “I feel sleepy”

Her eyes blinked then they finally closed. Kwon Jiyong caught her body in his arms as it swayed to the side.

“What are you doing?!” a hiss came from the shadows. He straightened up, with Dara’s limp body in his arms.

“I’tll take a day to reach the top if we manually take the stairs”

“C’mon, Bom” a male voice sounded. “I jumped from upstairs down here, too”

“You two are fools!” Bom finally stepped out of the shadows.

“They’re just having fun” Youngbae said. “But I must say it’s pretty risky”

“Oh, don’t lecture me about risks” Jiyong scowled. “I’m not as careless as Seungri”

“True” CL joined in. “but you’re becoming one because of that girl”

“It’s getting late” Jiyong sighed. “She needs to go home. And like what I said before, she’s just my neighbor”

“She’s really beautiful, though” Seungri said as he watched his friend faded into the shadows.

“Don’t start” Bom scold.

“What now?” Seungri asked. “I’m just telling the truth. Why are you so grumpy?”

Meanwhile, Jiyong patted her cheeks. “Wake up!”

She slowly stirred awake. She frowned as she opened her eyes, looking very confused. She leaned a hand on his arm for support as she stood up.

“What happened?” she asked.