Chapter 56 The Pendant

o=o=o

“Mmm. Where are you going?” he asked, cuddling closer to me.

“I’m going to make pancakes” I answered.

“It’s still early” he huskily said.

“I don’t want to be late for school” I said. I removed his arm off me and took the robe at the side. After putting it on, I went to give him a kiss on the cheek. Aigoo. I feel like we’re husband and wife already. I went to the bathroom and took a quick shower.

When I went down the kitchen, I saw Sulli preparing breakfast.

“Hi” she greeted. “I hope you don’t mind if I trespassed your kitchen?”

“It’s okay” I said. “What did you come up with?”

“Bacon and eggs” she answered.

“Oh” I nodded.

“You go ahead and eat. I-.”

“I still have to make pancakes for Jiyong” I smiled. “He prefers them at breakfast”

“Oh, I could do that” she said. “You-.”

“No” I waved off kindly. “He likes it when I’m the one making it”

“Oh” she mumbled and stared at me.

“What’s with that look?” I laughed.

“It’s just that. . . you sound so much like a wife” she chuckled. “Don’t you think you’re being too serious about this already? I mean, we’re still in high school, Dara. You could still meet new guys along the way”

“I like what I’m doing” I shrugged.

“But don’t you think you should take it one at a time?” she asked. “I mean, a lot of things could still happen, you know”

I gave a little laugh. “That’s exactly what I’m thinking. A lot of things could still happen tomorrow or in the future that’s why I’m making the most of everyday as much as I can so I won’t feel any regrets”

o=o=o

I stopped in my tracks when I saw Jae. He was clean shaven now, though the circles under his eyes were still there. we gave each other an awkward smile.

“Hi” he greeted.

“Hi” I greeted back.

“Where’s Jiyong?” he asked.

“He’s still in his class” I answered. An awkward silence followed my response. I wanted to ask him how he was doing but I didn’t have the courage to do so. I still feel bad for him ‘til now. I still feel bad about myself but I have to accept the consequences of my decision.

I know that by choosing Jioyng, Jae will be hurt. But I knew that if I chose to stay with Jae, I would be the one suffering, I’m a selfish and self-centered person for choosing my happiness over Jae’s, I know that. But I think it would be unfair for Jae if I stayed with him when I wanted to be with Jiyong.

“You look happy” he broke the silence.

“Jae. . . .” I whispered.

“Sorry” he chuckled. “Am I making you feel bad again?” he sighed. “Just give me time, Dara. Though I don’t really think I can love another girl, I’ll try to teach myself to accept that you’re not mine anymore”

“Jae, I.”

“In time” he smiled. “Maybe when that time comes, I can apply as a friend. You won’t begrudge me that, right?”