Chapter 7 The Thread

I turned around and was greeted by her smiling and gleeful face. That broke the last straw of my patience. That’s it! I’ll strangle her. I took a step forward.

“I’m just joking!” she laughed and ran inside her house. I stared at the house blankly. I can hear cackles from inside. Holy crap, she’s insane! She should be confine in a mental institute.

I shook my head and jumped over the fence to my place. Why now? Of all times, she decided to BOTHER me now. She’s not really doing anything good to my mood right now. And like I said, I prefer to be left alone.

I dropped myself in bed, not bothering to change clothes or remove my shoes or even wash myself. I NEED sleep.

Sometime later, I woke up with the persistent loud shrill of the doorbell. I growled and covered my head with a pillow. I already know who that person is. I EFFINGLY WANT TO SLEEP MORE! What the sh*t is that girl up to again?

I was planning to ignore her but the persistent sound is making my head ache. With a growl of frustration and another string of curses, I headed down, marching dangerously towards the door.

“WHAT THE F*CKING HELL DO YOU WANT THIS TIME?!” I bellowed. I was pretty surprised when I saw that it was already sunset. I slept that long?

“I baked something for you. It’s sort of a thank you gift for-“

I closed the door against her face. “Go home!” I shouted through the closed door and ran upstairs again. I took my iPod out and put my earphones on as I went back to sleep.

It was much, much later when I woke up. I looked at the clock it’s already 9:30 in the evening. I took the earphones off, and got out of bed. I headed towards the bathroom and quickly took a shower.

After taking a shower, and dressing up, I headed downstairs. I felt something heavy leaned on my legs as I opened the door. I looked down and found the girl on the floor, sleeping with the food container settled beside her. Judging from her position, I can conclude that she sat on the doorstep, leaned on the door and fell asleep.

“F*ck!” I hissed under my breath. I nudged her awake with my shoe but she just groaned. Does she exist to annoy the hell out of me? Hell. She’s getting right to it already! With another curse, I picked the container and went to put in the fridge without bothering to look what’s inside of it. I went back to the door and dragged her body out of the way.

I was already a few good meters away from the house when I heaved a big sigh. I cursed lowly again and went back to the house with my fists balled tightly. I stared down at her sleeping figure. How can she sleep in a floor so comfortably like this?

The need to strangle her and scare her off was still boiling hotly inside me. But then, I found myself bending down to scoop her up. With grimness, I brought her back inside and settled her in my bed.

“You should stop. You’re deliberately crossing the line, little girl. It would only harm you” I silently said. I snorted. Why am I warning a sleeping person? Like the hell I care what will happen to her.

With a shake of my head, I pulled my hood back up and headed outside. I put my hands on my jacket pockets and bowed my head. I started walking.

After one and a half hour, I descended upon a stair. As soon as I reached the bottom, I nodded at some people and looked for my friends.

“Jiyong! Finally, you’re here” Youngbae called.

“Hey pretty boy. You up to ring?” Bom appeared beside him.

“The others?” I asked.

“Up in front”

I snorted. “Let’s get this on”