Chapter 18 The Presence

A crow landed on the windowsill. Its dark eyes blinked and it quietly flew inside the room as the window opened. The moment it was inside, the window closed on its own accord. The crow went to the darkest place of the room and resumed its previous form.

He’s quite confident normal human eyes could never see him. He blended himself well with the shadows. Inspite everything, he managed to smile as he watched his girlfriend’s peaceful face while sleeping. It’s rude for him to lurk in her room but recent events made him worry over her. He doesn’t want to think that she’s being tagged because of him. There must have been some other reason. And so, he waited.

1:00 am came.

2:00 am past.

He was starting to think that he was wrong. But as 2:30 arrived, Sandara started tossing in her bed, grunting. Jaejoong held his breath and stood very still. And there, there it was, a dark shadow looming above Dara’s body. The girl started to twitch, her body lifting off the bed while her hands hung limply at her sides. In his position, he was able to see Dara’s eyes and mouth opened. Her eyes were fathomless while an eerie, loud and soundless scream came from her.

“Stop it!” he hissed, unable to take it anymore. In that instant, Dara’s body fell back on the bed, her eyes and mouth closed. She looked like nothing happened to her. The shadow looming above her lingered, with a hiss of fury, Jaejoong went for an attack but the shadow suddenly disappeared.

He stopped at the side of Dara’s bed and looked down at her, caressing her face with a smoky hand. It’s confirm. Someone’s playing a game – a very dangerous and deadly game, that is.

o=o=o

“What’s that?”

Jiyong rolled his eyes then scowled. “Mind your own business”

“You’re being rude again” she noticed.

“And I told you to get use to it” he returned and glanced sideways at her. She pouted then grabbed the stationery out of his hold.

“Ooh, could this be a love note?” she sang.

“Give that back”

Dara slapped his and away and opened the folded stationery. “Oh, it’s a LOVE LETTER!” she exclaimed. “You got an admirer!”

“I don’t read them” he gritted.

“Ooh, so meaning, you’ve been receiving love letters even before?”

He just rolled his eyes.

“Dear Jiyong” she read aloud, winking at him. As she started reading, Jiyong crossed his arms and leaned against his locker, snorting or scowling every now and then. “. . . . Always, S”

Dara stopped chuckling and stared blankly at the letter S at the bottom of the paper.

“Eh?” she ushered and looked at Jiyong. “I didn’t write this letter!”

“Did I say anything?”

“But my name starts with S, too”

He rolled his eyes. “You’re not the only person whose name starts with an S. But if you ask me, it sounded so much like you”

“It isn’t me!”

He just shrugged. “I don’t really care” he said then turned to leave.

“Hey!” she called. “What am I going to do with this letter?”

“Throw it away” he waved off but without looking back.

o=o=o

“Oh, please not again!” Dara groaned as her car once again, won’t start. She stepped out of the car and went in front, pulling the hood up. She was trying to remember what Jiyong taught her.