Chapter 43 The Struggle

~AUTHOR'S POV~

Jiyong and Dara stopped as they saw CL and Seungri along the way, arguing again. They both looked at each other then decided not to disturb them.

“So, where are we heading now?” Dara whispered.

“We'll go this way” he said.

“How did you know?” she asked in a whisper again.

“The clue said so” he answered. “We need to present the pearl as a ticket to the next clue”

“Oh, I see” she nodded.

Jiyong walked in silence while Dara was ranting about some random stuff about herself.

“Will you stop talking?” he broke his silence after a while. “I'm not interested in anything you say”

She clicked her tongue. “You're being rude again”

“And you're being annoying again”

“Ya!” she burst out.

“Will you stop being a jerk?!?” CL's voice echoed. Dara and Jiyong looked at each other then behind them. They saw CL and Seungri heading their way.

“I'm not being a jerk, you're just being an old maid” Seungri returned.

“How did they keep up to us this fast?” Dara asked in a hushed voice.

“Well, you-” CL started but stopped as she saw the two standing not too far from her. The four of them looked at each other in silence. Then suddenly, they started running, trying to outrace each other.. CL and Jiyong were neck to neck ahead while Seungri slowed down to Dara's speed.

“Hey, how are you?” Seungri asked while running beside her.

“I'm doing fine” she panted. “How did you find the pearl that fast?”

“Ask CL” Seungri answered. “She found it”

“Oh” she replied.

“How about you and Jiyong? Did it take you long to find it?”

he found it but we were slowed down because we. . . . kind of played around” she heavily panted.

“Oh, what-?” Seungri started but wasn't able to finish as Jiyong went back to grab Dara's hand and started pulling her with him as he went on track in racing with CL.

CL arrived ahead of Jiyong at the next stop. Youngbae was already there, sans Bom. Since the pearl was with Seungri, CL can't proceed. A few minutes after her arrival, Jiyong and Dara came, both of them panting heavily. Jiyong then presented the pearl to the shadow standing in front of the cave.

“This time, only the ladies are allowed to get inside and find the clue” the guy said.

“WHAT?!?” Jiyong burst out. “Is that some kind of a fucking sick joke?! I can't let her get in there alone!”

“This is not a joke”

“Fine!” Jiyong snapped. “Then we quit. We-”

“No” Dara said. “I'll go in”

Jiyong's head snapped to her. “Do you know what you're saying?!”

“Of course!” Dara defiantly answered. “We already came this far. We can't just quit like that!”

“You're not going there alone!” he gritted. “And that's final”

“I'll go in”

“No”