Chapter 76 Epilogue: The Secret

o=o=o

Envy ate my insides as I watched Bom and Youngbae exchanged wedding vows. Han Eul’s words echoed in my mind. Without even wanting to, an image of me in a wedding dress formed inside my head. I can see myself walking down the aisle, getting teary eyed as I saw the man I’m going to marry waiting for me near the altar. As if on their own accord, my eyes flew to Kwon Jiyong. Upon realizing that I was staring at him, I quickly looked away and shook my head.

As the wedding proceeded to the reception, I felt a strange elated feeling upon seeing the newlyweds looking so happy. I’m so happy for them, most especially for Youngbae.

“Seeing Bom and Youngbae make me want to marry tomorrow” I heard Seungri sighed. I chuckled and glanced at him. My smile froze for a moment then grew wider as I caught him giving CL a ‘look’ but the girl remained oblivious.

“Why don’t you ask CL then?” I teased him.

He looked at me and snorted. “I don’t think I can handle another rejection from her. It’s – wait. How did you know about. . .?”

“You can be really obvious sometimes” I told him.

He looked at me with raised eyebrows. “For an observant like you, you can be quite blind too”

“What are you talking about?”

“Jiyong” he simply answered.

“Seungri, please don’t ruin my mood”

“Sorry” he said. “It’s just that. . . . you don’t know what everyone felt after you left. He was like a living dead. Actually, he could have died already. If it weren’t from Sohee, he wouldn’t be here with us. But eventhough Sohee brought him out of his suicidal state, he didn’t really change that much. He still acts like he’s better off dead”

“Stop” I cut him off. “I don’t want to. . .”

“Sorry” he mumbled again. “I’ll shut up now”

A sense of uneasiness crawled to me. And no matter what I do, it won’t go away.

As the reception neared to its end, Jiyong’s absence didn’t escape my notice. It was already late in the evening and before I could stop myself or explain my actions to myself, I excused myself from everyone and started looking for him. he didn’t drown himself, did he? With that thought in mind, I scanned the shore with the reach of my eyes. My heart started thumping painfully against my chest when I didn’t see any sign of him. But I didn’t stop there. I ran to the other side of the shore, the darker part. I stopped in my tracks when I made out a silhouette. I narrowed my eyes and inched closer. There he was, lying on the sand, surrounded by a great number of empty bottles and cans of alcohol. My fists curled tightly as I broke into a run.

“Ya!” I yelled and kicked the sand into his face. He just grunted in response. “What do you think are you doing? If Bom or the guests finds you in this state. . . .!” I trailed then took a deep breath. “Get up!”

He didn’t budge.

“Will you show some respect to the newlyweds and the other guests?!”

“Aish! You’re so naggy!” he burst out and pushed himself up but he swayed to the side. I was able to catch him on time. Eventhough he was skinny and he lost weight, he was still a bit heavy for me. But I ignored that for the time being and put one of his arms on my shoulder. With that, I assisted him towards his room.

Upon reaching his room, I led him to his bed. He fell to the bed on his back. I sighed and looked at before shaking my head in dismay. I bent down and took his shoes off. I went to loosen the buttons of his black top when his hands suddenly circled my wrists. Without warning, he pulled me down on top of him.