Chapter 49 The Showdown

~DARA’S POV~

“Hey, what are you two doing here?”

“We need your help”

“Oh sure. What is it?” I asked. Seungri and Youngbae looked at each other.

“It’s your boyfriend”

“Why? What ha-?”

“He’s fighting with Jiyong and I think he’s on for the kill”

Fear gripped my heart.

“Take me to them” I said.

Seungri and Youngbae nodded to each other. They circled around me. I was about to ask them what they’re doing when I suddenly felt a force pulling me.

I blinked and found myself in the forest near the arena. I looked around and gasped out loud as I saw fallen trees, burned leaves and all the mess around me. It’s like a storm hit the place.

I heard a swooshing sound. I looked up and saw Jiyong’s body hit a tree. He grunted as he dropped to the ground with a loud thud. Jae was suddenly looming over Jiyong. He bent down and grabbed the latter’s collar.

“Jae!” I called. “Don’t!”

But it’s as if he didn’t hear me as he threw Jiyong’s body away again.

“Why isn’t Jiyong fighting back?!” I cried.

“Err. . .” Seungri said. “It’s because of this” he added, handing me a brown envelope. My eyes grew wide as I saw the photos. A blush crept to my cheeks as I remembered the first time Jiyong kissed me.

“How am I going to stop Jae?”

“Just try convincing him” Seungri suggested. “We tried to stop him a while ago but he just sent our bodies flying to a tree”

“JAE!” I called out loud. “PLEASE STOP!”

But he didn’t listen. Instead, he wrapped his right hand around Jiyong’s neck and lifted him up off the ground. I saw his grip tightened around Jiyong’s neck. For a second, I thought Jae was going to break Jiyong’s neck but he just pounded Jiyong’s body on the rock near him.

“Oh God!” I gasped as I saw Jiyong’a face. He was badly beaten. I can barely recognize his face anymore. Unable to take it anymore, I ran to Jae and wrapped my arms around him. I rested my left cheek on his back and begged him to stop.

Jae removed my arms off him. He turned to face me. I can’t help but cower at the look in his face, especially his all-black eyes. “Why?!” he gritted.

“It’s not what you think!”

“I’ve seen the pictures, Dara!”

“I kissed her” Jiyong said, tying to pull himself up in a standing position. “As you have seen in the photos, we kissed but the photos failed to show everything”

“Get on it with it already!” Jae snapped.

“The photos failed to show the part where Dara struggled and slapped me”

I stiffened. I didn’t do that! Why was he lying?

“Is it true?” Jae asked me

“I . . . .”

“But why didn’t you tell me earlier?” Jae asked me again.

“Because I scared her off” Jiyong answered.

Tears started forming in my eyes. Why is he lying? He’s lying! I didn’t struggle when he kissed me. I didn’t slap him and I definitely didn’t forget it! I wanted to, I tried to but I can’t. It’s been etched into my mind. So why is he lying?