Chapter 33 The Hug

o=o=o

I stopped in my tracks as I saw the girl waiting in my porch. She stood up as she saw me. I heaved a sigh and continued walking. I chose to ignore her and just immediately went to my door without glancing at her.

“Jiyong” she mumbled. Still,I ignored her. I unlocked the door without using a key. I was about to close the door when I saw that she already slipped herself inside. I sighed again.

“Why are you here?” I snapped and went to the stairs.

“Jae left already” she answered, trailing behind me.

“So?” I asked, turning around to face her.

“Y-you had a deal with-“

“As far as I can remember, I backed out. And if my memory serves me rights, you prefer Seungri more than me, right? You should go to him, not to me”

“I did say that but I didn’t really mean it” she mumbled.

“Then you shouldn’t have said anything”

“I said that because I was hurt, okay?” she burst out. “I have feelings too, Jiyong. Did you really think I don’t feel anything everytime you shoo me away just like that or when you say how much you don’t want my company?”

I stared at her blankly. Maybe I just got used to his positive attitude and stubborn persistency that it surprised me hearing her burst out like this. I was about to retort something sarcastic when I noticed the tears forming at the corners of her eyes. I quickly looked away, jaws clenching.

“If you think your tears will move me, better think twice” I gritted. “I’ll only laugh at you if you start crying in front of me”

At the corner of my eyes, I saw her head bowed down. I looked back at her. She quickly wiped her tears away, her lower lip trembling so hard that she bit her it down. I balled my fists as I felt my hands and arms started to tremble.

“Fuck!” I cursed out loud and before I could stop myself, I pulled her head towards my chest a bit roughly that I was sure she’ll have a bump in her forehead a few hours from now. I thought she’ll stop crying but she started wailing instead. Maybe she bumped her head against my chest too hard that’s why she started wailing. I grabbed her shoulders and was about to pull her away from me when her arms wrapped around me tightly. My arms dropped to my sides.

I must be out of my mind. No, I take that back, I’m definitely out of my mind!

When she stopped crying HOURS later, she wiped her nose with my sleeve and stepped back. I looked down at my shirt and saw that it was wet with her tears.

“Great” I grimaced and looked at her. She sniffed then grinned.

“I’ll wash your shirt for you” she offered.

“Do you even know how to wash clothes?”

“Of course I do!” she came up defensively.

“Thanks but no thanks” I scoffed.

“Why?”

“Because you might throw away my black shirts and replace them with rainbow-colored stuffs”

The way her face looked proved me right. She blushed deeply and bowed her head, looking perfectly guilty. I suddenly felt uneasy at knowing that I seemed to understand how her mind works than before.

“I was just offering” she mumbled, and then her face lit up again. I hate it when she does that. “So I guess we’ll be BFFs for the a while, eh?”