"Bonnie and Clyde?" He questioned.

"Ride or die." I responded.

He gave me crooked smile as he held out his hand and we did our handshake."Let's get it lil mama." He smiled.

*

*

*

"Aight Trav, hit dat' shit." August spoke into the walkie talkie.

"I gotcha."

A minute or two after that the once dark cold house was revealed to us. It was the same as it was when I lived here, except for the gray coating of dust that covered almost everything in the house. After my mother's body was discovered, no one had the courage to move in or fix it up— and I don't blame them.

"How ya' doin' Kali bug?" He asked into the walkie talkie.

"I'm good, Trav keepin' me safe." I heard her little sweet voice say, making my heart relax.

"Aight mama, hurry up and get in hea'. Trav, Jamal, keep a look out."

Everyone responded with a simple aight. After telling him about how someone was a snake, he decided to make this mission a family one. He gave us strict instructions on not to tell anyone what was going on. Mama, cousins, nor the team could find out. No one; just us.

And right now my baby is taking charge just like his older brother...and even looking like him too.

"Aight baybeh let's find what ma dukes hid out fa' ya'." He smile looking at me.

"I don't even know wea' ta' start, or what da' hell we lookin' fa'." I sighed rubbing my temples.

"Clear yo' mind sis, it ain't nun but kings and queens in dis' room, we gone figure it out." I heard Kali encourage as she came in and walked beside me.

I smiled down at her and placed my hand on her little head." Thanks baybeh."

"Anytime sis."

I slowly walked around the room and to the coffee table, the one that still held the house phone that I called the police off of. I then walked toward my old room and creaked the door open.

Instantly memory after terrible memory flooded my head. He was always so rough, even though I never expected him to be merciful. He broke me down to pieces in this very room I'm standing in. He took away everything, I know you should never hate anything, but fuck that man! Fuck him and everything he cares about, which is nothing but himself. I want him to die a cold slow death for the heartache and sleepless nights he caused me to have. I was so scared to sleep, so scared because I thought that I would see his devilish face hovering over me. I was his child, his blood. I was apart of that man.

But as Mel once said.....

Expect the unexpected.

I walked over to my closet and opened it making dust fly everywhere, while Kali and August just lingered in the back; most likely because they didn't know their way around this house, but me? Oh I knew it like the back of my hand. I had to learn this house, I had to find all the hiding spots that I could. I had to make them comfortable too, just in case I had to hide out in there for the night.

I crept down into the crawl space and crept inside of it feeling around for anything that shouldn't be there.

"Aye gimme a flashlight!" I yelled reaching my hand back.

I soon felt a flashlight being placed in my hand and turned it on as I looked into one of my many hiding places. It was a thin blanket sprawled out along the floor and a flat pillow rested against the not so tall wall. I noticed my dairy peeking from under the pillow and grabbed it, along with the old flashlight I kept in here.