Actually, when I come to think of it, I never really knew how bad Kali had it, or what it was called. All I knew it that it didn't cause her to have spasms like the one that she's having now.

"August keep her awake, ya' have ta' keep her awake!" Mani panted franticly as she drove through two red lights."Kali sis you hea' me?! Baybeh girl ya' hea' me?!"

"Kali baybeh, talk ta' me.... C'mon Kali bug."

"Mani she not- she not sayin' nothin' ta' me what I do? I don't know what da' fuck ta' do!"

I was scared as hell right now I couldn't lose my Kali nor Mani, but the way that their past was set up-it took a toll on them. They couldn't do certain things, they always had to take precaution when it came to their own lives. Always being reminded of the things they went through, because it was apart of their everyday life; the past they could never forget because it was apart of them. They couldn't even live freely without the fear of collapsing or dying because of some shit their 'family' brought upon them.

"Mani?! She not-,"

"August calm down fa' me." She spoke calmly.

Whatever it was about her voice it made my nerves become a little less jittery and made the ball of frustration that was forming in my head somehow become smaller.

"Grab da' water out of my purse and pour it ova' her face."

I did as told, but still my baby didn't move-my baby was just there.

"She didn't wa-,"

"She's not goin' ta' wake up, that was juss' ta' keep her cool. If she gets too hot she would have started seizing, that's why you have ta' keep her awake."

"What's wrong wit' my Kali Mani?! What's wrong wit' my baybeh?!"

"August you have ta' stop ok, don't get ova' worked I can't have you freakin' out I know you scared I am too, but we gotta stay strong fa' our Kali." She said looking back at me through the rearview mirror.

*

*

*

"Sir we're going to have to ask you to stay here."

"You got me fucked up dawg! I'm goin' back thea' wit' ha'!" I yelled at one of the nurses that was wheeling an unconscious Kali to the double doors in front of us.

"Sir-,"

"I told yo' ass I'm goin' wit' her!"

"Please-,"

"Thank you ma'am, we'll be fine in the waiting area." Mani said as politely as her irritated demeanor would allow.

"No Mani, I gotta go wit' Kali! I can't leave her side again!"

"Aug we can't."

"Mani I got to!" I yelled a little louder than I expected,"I'm tie'd of breakin' my damn promises ta' y'all, I'm not breakin' not one mo'!"

The people that were staring at us didn't phase me, nor did the cameras. At this point the only thing I was worried about was getting to Kali and being by her side.

"August?"

"What?" I groaned running my hand down my face.

"If anything should happen."

I remained silent, because I knew exactly what she wanted me to say to her, but I couldn't. If I would have told her what she wanted me to say I knew I would have been lying to her.