You get to be a hundred different people in a matter of seconds. True, you forget one person after the next, but then you remember that in this induced state you're not you. You didn't even really go through the terrible ordeals, you didn't really have nightmares every night. When I got high there was no such thing as Armani: the girl who's life was unbearable to the eyes of others. I was a no name child, a child that got a chance to start over.

But then again, you can't stay high forever, now can you?

The music had now changed to one of my all time favorites, Promise by Jagged Edged. I recall August singing this song to me countless times over the years, just as he did with the Maxwell song.

"Ha! But ya' did leave me, e-even afta' ya' promised me! I-I rememba' when ya' told me you luh' me, a-and yo' eyes," I smiled up to the ceiling at the thought of the look in his eyes," boy they sho'll tricked da' hell out of my ass huh?"

I thought I saw so much love for me hidden inside them. His need to protect me only backed up my made up theory, but I suppose promises were made to be broken.

I got up and put the song on repeat. Why? I don't know I just really like it I guess.

Right before I got a chance to sit down, the doorbell rang and I inwardly sighed. I didn't want to be bothered at the moment. I just wanted to sulk in my memories.

Playing with the ring around my neck I walked over to the door and opened it, not even asking who it was.

"Oh my God." I gasped lowly at the sight.

There he stood looking down at me with red low eyes, not to mention the unreadable expression laced throughout them.

"I'm gonna fuckin' kill Chris."

"Juss' please liste-,"

"Leave."

"Juss'-,"

"Leave."

"I'm tryna get some-,"

"I said leave!" I tried to slam the door, but his big ass foot kept the door from slamming in his face.

"Get da' fuck off my property nigga!" I gritted while putting all my weight on the door.

"No, juss' hear -,"

"Fuck back bruh, damn!"

"Juss' fuckin' hea' me out.....please Mani, please."

Hearing the pleading tone in his voice I slowly moved away from the door and allowed him in.

He walked in and stood directly in front of me, not uttering a word— just staring at me. I didn't know if it was my product or his that I was smelling, all I knew is that I wanted him to say what he had to say and get out.

"I-I'm so confused." He finally spoke up breaking the silence," It scares me how I don't know you but ya' make me feel so,"He looked around in confusion," so complete."

"You don't know me?" I laughed sarcastically.

"No, but I'm tryna-,"