Chapter 45: It Is Perfectly Acceptable To...

Chapter 45: IT IS PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE TO TAKE AN AUTOMATIC DISLIKE TO A GIRL/ JUDGE THEM WITHOUT EVER SPEAKING TO THEM

We were four hours into our just over ten hour flight back to London when Harry leaned over to me and pulled one of my headphones out.  “Babe what are you listening to?”

“You really want to know?”

“Yes, hence the reason I’m asking.”

I rolled my eyes and blew the lose strand of my hair out of my face.  

“If I tell you, you have to promise not to laugh or judge me.”

“I promise now will you please tell me the suspense is killing me.”

“Fine.” I lifted my phone from my lap and slowly pressed on the light switch on the home screen that would show the album art work for Donny Osmond covering Love Songs from the 70’s hesitantly I held it up to show a grinning Harry.  Harry reached up and grabbed my phone so I pulled my hands to cover my face.

“Is that really what you’re listening to?”  I spread apart my fingers to sneak a glance at him.  He was smiling and shaking his head lightly.   “Ella, come on babe look at me.”

I lowered my hands from my face to rest them in my lap.  Harry reached over and picked up both of my hands and placed them in his lap.  He then lifted one of his hands to sweep the rest of my hair out of my face.  “You know you don’t have to be embarrassed right?”

“I know.”  I bit my lip trying to keep myself from smiling.

“If it makes you feel any better about this we can pretend it never happened.”

I grabbed my phone out of his hands and pulled my other headphone out then tried to turn to face Harry.  Trying to rotate to face him turned out to be harder than it should have been.  I got stuck because of the seatbelt that I couldn’t seem to get loose and then when I finally unbuckled it my leg got caught under the armrest.  Harry started laughing at my struggles but in the supportive boyfriend fashion he pulled out his phone and started to take a video of me.

At first I was so focused on the belt and getting my foot unstuck that I didn’t relies what was happening until I heard Niall and Izzy laughing at me from across the aisle.  I looked up to see Harry pointing his phone at me with a giant smile on his face.  “Really Styles?”

“Yes really babe.  Now smile for the camera.”

“I will not smile for the camera.”

“Fine than I will let everyone know what you enjoy listening to.”

I froze in my seat with my mouth hanging open.  “You wouldn’t dare.”

“I wouldn’t?  Cause right now it seems like a brilliant idea.”

Izzy stood up on her chair and shouted at Harry, “Harry, what kind of music is my darling Ella listening to now?”

Harry looked back at me then at Izzy who was smiling.  That sneaky little bitch knew exactly who I would listen to on a ten hour flight to help calm me down.    “Now do you want to tell them or shall I?”

“No! I’ll say it.”  Harry reached over grabbed my hand and pulled me to the front of the plane. 

He turned me to face everyone on the plane with his hands firmly on my shoulders he routed me in place.  He started clearing his throat so that everyone would turn to face us.  “Excuse me everyone!  Ella has an announcement!”

Everyone was staring at me waiting for me to say something.  I very quickly opened my mouth and whispered, “I listen to Donny Osmond.”

Louis from a couple of rows back stuck his head up and yelled, “I’m sorry love what was that?”