Chapter 39: If You Have...

Chapter 39: IF YOU HAVE A PICTURE OF YOUR FRIEND ON FACEBOOK/MYSPACE OR ANY OTHER PUBLIC MEDIUM AND SHE DISLIKES IT (AND GIVES SUFFICIENT REASON AS TO WHY SHE DOES) IT IS YOUR DUTY TO REMOVE IT.

A few weeks had passes since Athena’s surprise visit. Everything had returned to normal graduation was quickly approaching. Izzy and I hadn’t seen each other for a week. In between completing our final graduation requirement, doing an internship, and just the fact that we had been avoiding each other just so we wouldn’t be forced to talk about what happened with Athena, we had barely talked.

On my final day of weeklong internships I was standing at the front desk of the doctor’s office talking with one of the nurses I had spent time with today. We were talking about what my plans for the summer were and about what classes I was going to be taking next year. I was telling her about how I was worrying about taking Anatomy because I had heard that the teacher wasn’t very good when I felt my buzzing. “Sorry, this should only take a minute. It’s probably just my mom calling to see what time I’m going to be getting home.”

“It’s Ella. I have to get back to putting away these files.”

“Okay! Thanks again for everything this week Amanda.”

“Of course and good luck next year with school.”

“Thanks!” As she turned I reached my hand into the front pocket of my scrubs and pulled out my phone.

I glanced at the screen and didn’t recognize the caller but picked up anyhow.

“Hello?”

“Ella? Is that you?”

“Yes. Who is this?”

“Oh its Nathalia.”

“Oh my god Nathalia! Hi how are you? I haven’t talked to you in forever!”

“I’m good! How have you been?”

“Really good! I just finished my last day of my internship.”

“Oh yeah Harry was telling me about that.”

I started laughing at that. Harry tried to get me to blow off the internship at the hospital and just go visit him in London. He even got the rest of the boys to try and help him convince me to come for a week. All of the boys one night on Skype spent 30 minutes trying to convince me to no avail.

“Yeah what all did Harry tell you about it?”

“He said that you were really excited to sit in on two different surgeries and to put away files. He also said that you didn’t want to blow off the internship to come visit! Which I just took as the biggest insult! I mean you and I could have gone shopping and gone to lunch while the boys are rehearsing for their new tour but no you had to be a good girl and do you internship!”

“I’m sorry Talia! I didn’t even think about what it would do to you! Will you please forgive me?”

She started laughing, “Of course I will Ella! We girlfriends have to stick together! Besides I didn’t really call to give you a hard time.”

“Really? Then may I ask why you did call?”

“Well before the boys leave for the summer tour they were talking about going somewhere just the 8 of us. How does that sound?”

“It sounds great! Should I go ahead and ask where they are planning on going?”

“To be honest they won’t tell me anything because its going to a surprise.”

“Really?! Do they have to do this?”

“Yeah I know. Just be happy you live on a different continent.”