Chapter 37: When A Friend Calls...

Chapter 37: WHEN A FRIEND CALLS YOU UP COMPLAINING ABOUT HOW SHE IS DRUNK AND CAN’T GO HOME YOU MUST ALLOW HER TO STAY AT YOUR HOUSE, WITHOUT LETTING YOUR PARENTALS (IF YOU LIVE WITH THEM) FINDING OUT.

“Ella! Wake up!”  Izzy was pushing against my back. 

“hmm what Izzy?”  I opened my eyes slightly and turned onto my back.  My head was spinning and my back was hurting.  “We are never drinking and sleeping on this floor again.”

Izzy didn’t respond but instead hit my back and screamed, “Your fucking phone is ringing.”  I reached my hand out to grab my phone.  “Who is even calling you this early in the morning?”

“No clue.”  I lay back on my side closed my eyes and slid my finger against my cracked screen.  I held the phone up to my ear and let out a soft, “Hello?”

***

“What are you even talking about?”

“Just get dressed Izzy please.  We have to be there in an hour and it will take us thirty minutes to get there.”

“Fine whatever, I’m going.”

Izzy stood up from our makeshift bed and went slumping up stairs to my room.  I stood up slowly and made my way behind her.   I walked over to my dresser and pulled out my new grey sweater with a bright pink doughnut on the front.  I threw it onto my bed then walked into my closet to grab my black and white polka-dot pants and a white button down shirt with black polka-dots on the collar.  I put my pants on and quickly buttoned up my shirt. 

Walking out of my bathroom I walked over to my mirror and carefully took my hair out of the bun it had been sitting in for the past 24 hours.  As my hair came loose from the tie it cascaded down my shoulders in large ringlets.  I brushed my fingers through my hair and smiled into the mirror.  I leaned over to pick up my black eyeliner and applied it thickly onto my lid.  I then grabbed my red lipstick and applied it. 

Izzy walked into my bathroom and wolf whistled.  “Wow looking hot.”

“Thanks babe.  You’re not looking to bad yourself.”

“Ha please I feel like complete shit!”

“Well you don’t look it.”  I threw her a wink in the mirror and stood up.  She started laughing as I left her in the bathroom to finish her makeup.

“Ella, who exactly are we going to meet?”

“It’s a surprise.”  I walked over to my phone and started blasting the Pitch Perfect soundtrack. 

I pulled my pullover on went in search of my hot pink pumps that matched the doughnut. 

I looked around my room and shouted, “Izzy have you seen my shoes?”

I could hear her laughing but she replied almost at once, “Yeah, I brought them back from Harry’s so they should be in the large white suitcase with all your others shoes.”

I walked over to the white suitcase that was sitting in the middle of my room.  I started digging in the large suitcase throwing out all different kind of shoes.

I pulled out a pair of black pumps and then laid eyes on my shoes.  I could hear Izzy laughing from the doorway of my bathroom.  And sure enough I looked up and saw Izzy standing in the doorway watching me hold my shoes.

“Do you really have to make a mess while looking for something?”

“Why yes I do.  And you know what?”

“No I don’t what?”

“You sounded just like Harry when you said that.”  Izzy tilted her head to the side and lowered her head smirking at me.  “Well not exactly like him seeing as you don’t have a deep voice or a British accent but you get the point.”   Izzy was wearing white shorts with a brown woven belt and a denim button down shirt with a matching brown scarf.  Her hair was pulled into a high ponytail with a pair of ray-bans perched on her head.