Chapter 31: Be a Responsible Friend...

Chapter 31: BE A RESPONSIBLE FRIEND AND NOT A ‘YES-GIRL’. IF A FRIEND IS ASKING YOU IF SHE SHOULD GET BACK TOGETHER WITH HER EX WHO CHEATED ON HER, NEVER WANTED TO HANG OUT WITH HER AND THEN BLAMED HER FOR THEM BREAKING UP, AND YOU SAY ‘YES’, THAN YOU’RE A BAD FRIEND. FRIENDS ARE SUPPOSED TO PROTECT AND HELP FRIENDS. SO SAY YOUR PART EVEN IF THEY DON’T LIKE WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY.

I stared at the door and then turned to see that Paul had disappeared. I turned back to face the door. I sighed slightly and slowly raised my hand and knocked slowly on the door. It slowly creaked open to reveal an empty room that was covered in lights hanging from the ceiling. My hands flew up to my mouth as I took in the sight before me.

“Oh my god.” I stepped into the room with the door closing behind me. I don’t think I have ever seen something so beautiful in my life. I started walking around the room with my heels clicking against the wood floor so I stopped and slipped them off. I left them lying on the floor as I continued to make my way around the room. I finally ended up in the middle of the room and stood there looking up at the lights above me. After a moment I looked around the room again and took in all of my surroundings. One of the four walls was a glass window that had lights hanging from it too. I walked over to look out and saw a beautiful lush green garden. I sighed knowing I was alone I said, “I don’t think I have seen anything this beautiful ever.”

“I know I have.” A voice behind me responded. I jumped lightly and turned to face the voice. And there standing in front of me was Harry.

“Harry? What on earth are you doing here?”

“I’m here to surprise you.” We stood across from each other just looking at the other. Harry was wearing black pants with a white button down shirt and a black blazer on top.

“Shouldn’t I be the one surprising you though? Seeing as it’s your birthday and everything.” He laughed lightly and started walking towards me. I smiled widely and I started making my way to him too.

We kept walking until we stood in the middle of the ballroom toe to toe with each other. “Well where would the fun in that be?”

I shook my head and looked down at the floor. “But really Harry you should be in London with your friends and family having a good time.”

He placed his hand underneath my chin and pulled it up forcing me to look at him. “Love; there is no place I would rather be right now than with you.”

I leaned my head onto his chest as we stood in the middle of the room just soaking one another’s presence in. I started crying again. Harry snaked his arms around my waist and just held me as I soaked his shirt. All of a sudden my feet lost contact with the floor. As if almost by instinct my legs rapped around Harry’s waist. I could feel him start to walk and finally stop and sit down. I looked up from his shoulder to face him. His face had concern written all over it.

“Ella what’s wrong?”

“Can we not talk about that right now?” I looked down at his shirt and began playing with the top button.

“You can’t avoid it forever sweetie. Eventually we are going to have to talk.”

“I know.” I started running my hands along his collar. I was doing any and everything to keep my hands occupied.

“Really? Are you sure?”

“Yes Harry, I’m not a little girl.”

“Good because I want you to be the one to tell me if something is wrong and not Izzy.” He leans down and gives me a long drawn out kiss.

As we draw apart I whisper, “Happy birthday H.” I grabbed hold of his face and kissed him again.

We drew apart as a door behind us opened and six booming laughs came through. I twisted from on top of Harry’s lap to watch Izzy, Niall, Louis, Zayn, Talia, and Liam come marching in.