Sodapop imagine || War Is Love

"It's okay, I'm coming back I promise." Soda says holding you in his arms. You gripped his shirt crying your eyes out. "I wouldn't leave you ever." He adds kissing the top of your head.
"Damnit." You whisper knowing that the odds are not in your favor. Soda is being drafted to Vietnam. You look up into his. He smiles but you can see tears in his eyes.
"I love you so much damnit." He whispers planting his lips against yours. He was leaving tomorrow morning this might be the last time you'll see him.
"I love you Sodapop Curtis." You whisper your head on his chest. Darry comes in the door tears in his eyes. Soda let's you go for a second and Darry hugs him tight and you see tears fall from Darry's cheeks. Ponyboy was in his room you could almost hear his sons if you listened closely
"Why you?" Darry asks. "Why not Dally or Steve, or- or" Darry stutters.
"I'm coming back." Soda says hugging him again.
You went to bed with him that night and you didn't let go of each other the whole night of course none of you could sleep though. Due to that you both were up by four and Soda was leaving at six. You sit at the table with him eating your eggs and chocolate cake.  Soda reached for your hand over the table kissing it. You could tell he was nervous his knee was going a million miles an hour. Pony emerges from his room cheeks puffy and red. He couldn't even look at Soda because he would just cry again if he did. He grabbed the gallon of milk and took it to the living room. The door opens quietly and you hear it shut. Usually it's always chaotic at the Curtis house but not today. Dally, Two-Bit and Johnny come in heads hung down because they know. Soda stands as Two attacks him for a hug. Dally pats his shoulder but Soda brings him in. And Johnny clung to him.
"It's okay, I'm coming back I promise." He says taking his dish to the sink. The boys look over to you you just hang your head down. Darry enters the kitchen and sees the gang. It was a school day but no way any of them were going. You look to the clock seeing it was five fifteen now. You feel tears starting again but you hold them back.
"Guess I should go get packed." Soda whispers heading to his room. You stand taking care of you dish. You look to the Gang Darry and Pony were now in the kitchen. A tear fall down your cheek but you quickly wipe it away. The door is open with a loud smack against the wall and Steve comes j. The kitchen.
You just point to Sodas bedroom door. Steve turns jogging it he shuts the door behind him. All you hear are sobs in two different voices. Steve and Soda had one of the strongest relationships in the gang.
"What are we gonna do without Soda?" Johnny asks hands in his Jean jacket.
"He's coming back!" Promise my yells.
We just look to him and Darry grabs him holding him as he started to sob. Soon Soda and Steve emerge from Sodas room and Soda has a duffle bag on his back. You look to the clock five thirty.
"I'm not spending my last moments for who knows how long in silence watching you cry," Soda says laying his bag on the couch.
"Sorry Soda just hard to make something good out of this situation." Two-Bit says which is unlike him he is always cracking jokes. Those thirty minutes went by fast and the next thing you know it's five fifty and your saying good bye. Pony was first to grab him crying in his arms.
"I'm coming back Pony I won't leave you. You need me." Soda says his voice cracking. Next was Darry who just held Soda. You walked down the steps of the porch as Two-Bit grabbed him and pulling him both of them now crying which greasers didn't do often in public like this. Johnny hugged him but didn't look directly at Soda's eyes. When Dally went to say good-bye he had tears rushing down his cheeks.
"Anyone but you." You hear Dally whispers. Steve just hugged him hard and they were both now sobbing.
"Come back for us man." Steve says into his shoulder. Soda just nods not trusting his voice. The car for him had pulled up. You run into Sodas arms and you are now sobbing.
"I love you Y/N." He sobs.
"I love you to." You say. When he looks into your eyes he pulls out an envelope.
"Don't read this until either something happens or I come home." He says as to Italy the letter and plants a kiss on your lips. Your foreheads are pressed together.
"When I get back be prepared to get a white dress." He says kissing your forehead. You nod as he turns around and gets into the car and drives away. You hold the envelope in your hands tightly as you watch him drive away.