5.56 - Underneath Her Mask - The Sleepless Elite's wife

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

He released the sobbing Su Luqin from his grasp and watched as she crumpled to the ground like a puppet whose strings had been cut. A flicker of anger remained in his ashen heart. Su Luqin, who had gathered her bearings, listened to Mo Luwei's warning, "If something goes wrong, I'll have you buried with Su Min."

Su Luqin clenched her hands and she forced herself to stand, if only to give the image that she was strong. Her effort was wasted as, not even a moment after standing for three seconds max, she fell to the ground.

Su Luqin's heart, which had been dipped into a puddle of despair and pain, had been enraged by what Mo Luwei said.

Perhaps it was confidence that made her say what she said, or perhaps it was desperation; maybe she wanted to see Mo Luwei falter in all his overbearing presence, no one would know. But what she said made Mo Luwei pause.

"Useless?! Me?! You didn't know the truth at all but still, in all our five years of being engaged, you never touched me! Are you a real man?!"

Mo Luwei crossed his arms as he looked down at Su Luqin with disdain. This woman... Though he had to applaud her for her gal, she was really too troublesome for her own good. She needed to know when to shut up, because at this moment, she was acting too much like Silika Lin. Nonetheless, he didn't bother to interrupt Su Luqin's ranting. What she said was entertaining.

It was like she was a delirious woman.

"Is she really your savior?! What a pathetic excuse you have to get rid of the mistakes you've made!" Su Luqin shouted at Mo Luwei as much as she could, "If an old man saved you, would you fall in love with him too?! Let me tell you, you've made another mistake!"

Su Luqin told Mo Luwei something that made him narrow his eyes, "The one who really saved you was Silika Lin!"

"What the hell did you just say?!" Mo Luwei roared fiercely, with anger and shock. His loud voice made the soft-hearted warden whine with worry and his friend to frown.

They better escort Mo Luwei out before he commits first-degree murder.

· · ──────── · ⊱❈⊰· ──────── · ·

Bing Shi couldn't contain her laughter, thoroughly entertained by the Mo Luwei and Su Luqin drama unfolding through Xiao Pu's eyes. His outburst was pure comedy gold, but her amusement abruptly halted when Mo Luwei slammed Su Luqin's head against the metal bar, "..."

Bing Shi stopped watching Mo Luwei and followed Xuan Mu to the building rooftop, lamenting with a sigh, "That guy's flavor of dumb is worse than expired milk. Oops, did I just insult a prodigy who was later hailed as a genius?" She couldn't help but giggle, "Well, a little boost to my ego won't hurt after all the trashing. Right, Xiao Pu? Don't you feel like Einstein standing next to him, too?"

Xiao Pu laughed weakly, "Sometimes." If he were in Mo Luwei's shoes, he, too, would doubt himself. Perhaps he wouldn't doubt himself with so much violence... but still. He had gone through a similar situation with his previous host.

Here, Bing Shi let herself be at a clear disadvantage. She was going against a tyrannical billionaire tycoon but she herself was a nobody. 'Don't try it at home if you don't have iron guts kids.' Wasn't she too full of herself?

Perhaps she was full of herself, but she also wasn't looking down at her opponents. She was only so confident because she was saving her trump cards for emergencies. Mo Luwei certainly didn't act fair in their battle, but Bing Shi wasn't very fair either. By the time one figured out the unspoken rules that Bing Shi had broken, they would know that she had already won the game.

"Bing Shi, genius prodigies are not omnipotent. We don't know everything," Xuan Mu took satisfaction in kicking Silika's ex out of the building. He was only slightly dissatisfied when the fall-protection net caught the flailing man.

Silika's ex screamed in terror and cried out for help. Of course, his cries for help were useless. Nobody could hear or see him. Because of this, everyone bustled about, oblivious to the man who was close to peeing his pants.

Bing Shi watched as the man's screams and cries warranted no response. In this situation, he was just like the original Silika Lin; perhaps it wasn't so extreme, but the symbolism was still somewhat the same.

If the old Silika saw her photos and videos released to the public, she would have screamed just like her ex, but her screams would not have garnered any pity or attention from the public. She would have been shamed or ignored for being lewd... While the old Silika sent her ex nudes, she wasn't aware of the videos he recorded of her, behind her back.

"I know, but it's hard not to think of you genius prodigies as anything but omnipotent," Bing Shi said as she poked her staff at the screaming man.