Simpleman: Part 4

"CATACLYSM!" Chat Noir summons his power and grabs the peel, causing it to turn to dust as the akuma flies out.

"Repairing everything should be simple now," Ladybug exclaims happily, catching the akuma and everyone shouts out:

"MIRACULOUS LADYBUG!" 

The magical ladybugs fly around us as Rolland returns to us and LB, Chat and I pound it.

The kids run up to us excitedly and hug us. "You guys saved us!"

"No kids you saved us," LB corrects them while Chat groans.

"M'lady we almost gave our miraculous to Simpleman for candy!"

"Of all the things we've faced this was the dumbest situation we've ever been in," I add, facepalming while Ladybug handed Rolland a white and red polka-dotted magical charm.

"Mr. Dupain,  this magical charm will protect you from Shadowmoth."

"Is that so? How could this little thing protect me from Shadow-What's His Name? The world used to be so simple. I used to understand it. Now I don't understand anything anymore," Rolland huffs, sticking the charm in his pocket.

"You know Grandpa Rolland, we don't understand everything either. But we're used to it and what's cool is what we don't know we can learn like a game you have to win. But you're a grown-up and you're not used to it anymore so it scares you," The kids comfort him and he gives them a hopeful smile.

"You still think I can learn something at my age?"

"We'll help you if you want," They pull in for an adorable group hug and we head out.

"Flaake Thaw," I mutter under my breath as I land in an alleyway close to the school I left Luka at and de-transform.

I sneak into the school and look around for Luka, sneaking back into the tour group that the tour guide was re-making.

"What happened?" I suddenly hear and turn to see Luka enter the group next to me, rubbing his head.

"Uh...I'm not so sure myself, are you ok?" I ask and he nods.

During the rest of the tour, I noticed how fidgety he had gotten again it was like when we met up but worse, he had to put his hands behind his head to hide his fidgeting and he kept glancing at me. After the tour ends we head outside and I walk him to a hidden spot.

"(y/n) what are you-"

"What's wrong?" I cut him off, crossing my arms. "You've been acting fidgety and weird all day, what's bothering you?"

His gaze shifts to the side as if he were thinking before he meets my eyes. "I have some friends that I thought I knew but I just learned something big about them which has made a lot of things connect and they're more amazing than I originally thought they were. But the the stuff I know about them is supposed to be a secret so I guess I'm just struggling to come to terms with it especially since I want to help them however I can but there's not much I can do."

I sigh in relief that, glad that nothing too serious is going on and I take his hands and squeeze them reassuringly. "Luka, your friends sound incredible, and whatever their secret is may seem shocking and unbelievable time will help you get used to it, believe me, I know that feeling I've had my shared shocking secrets," I tell him, thinking of Ladybug and Chat Noir before continuing. "I'd say the best thing you could do is continue to support them however you can, I'm sure they'd appreciate it a lot."

He thanks me with a smile and I lean up and nuzzle his nose causing a chuckle from him.

"I think I'm done looking at schools for today, can I walk you back to Rolland's?" He asks with a bow and I laugh, taking his hand.

"I'd love to."

We head back to find Mari has just gotten back too and I say bye to Luka. Upon entering we see Rolland and the kids watching The Miraculous Ladybug Movie.

"You're back way too early girls, we haven't finished the movie yet," Rolland complains, soon getting sushed.

"Superheroes, love, and all that complicated stuff, wouldn't you rather watch a soccer game?" Marinette teases her grandpa.

"Of course not, it's quite simple. Take a seat, we'll explain it to you."

Taking a seat, Rolland starts explaining the movie to us before again being rushed when he starts going off-topic.

Author: Finally it's over! 

Luka Chapter: Ahem

*glares* No don't remind me I have to dumb down Luka too! Ugh, hope I didn't kill everyone's brain cells with this stupid petty episode.