CHAPTER CXIX

Melinda

To find you again is a miracle.

"You're saying that it's possible the serphaee has been incapacitated and... abducted by the Quigians?"

"Yes, I am confident in my reasoning that such is true, Your Highnesses!"

"You called us back from our very much-needed break to send us on a search and rescue mission for your precious revered divine entity?" I folded my arms across my chest as I peered at the man standing in front of me.

The High Pontiff Nebo of the Phavian Theocracy.

He possessed a lean yet imposing build, standing tall and erect, with an aura of vitality that defied his years. He was the one elected the leader of the nation as the royal family of Phavia was considered no more than figureheads that kept culture and tradition sustained throughout the centuries for the country's spiritual preservation.

The High Pontiff's hair was a pristine, silvery-white, flowing down to his shoulders in a cascade of a gentle flowing stream. It was tied back in a simple, unadorned manner, allowing his face to be fully visible. His eyes are a piercing shade of indigo, often described as "the eyes of prophecy". Some have even said that they had an otherworldly quality as if they could perceive truths hidden from ordinary mortals—at least that's what Phavians thought. To me, it looked like any regular eye shade.

His attire was a reflection of his role as the spiritual leader of Phavia Theocracy. Currently, he was wearing an elaborate, flowing robe made from the finest fabrics, adorned with intricate embroidery that depicted sacred symbols and scriptures. His regalia was a symbol of his spiritual authority and connection to the divine.

He looked very much the part of someone who made the decisions concerning the matter of state, but as of right now, he looked nothing more than a paranoid, out-of-touch, greedy old man

"How shameless of you to stand before us after sending a measly letter requesting aid to protect your borders as if our military is at your every beck and call." Kiraz sneered with frustration.

Kiraz could not even attempt to mask the displeasure in his tone and his expression since our trip had been cut short, we had to leave the children and took with us the personnel needed for matters such as this; the same people who were enjoying their first break in a very long time.

He had reason to be upset, divines, I was myself.

"Again, I apologize for taking both you and Queen Lavania away from your holiday, it was not my initial intention." The High Pontiff apologized.

"You're right your intention was for us to simply wave our hands and dispatch whatever you deemed necessary to protect your borders. I just want to make clear, that your allowance of our passage through your country to render aid to Satish was not a privilege bestowed on your country's behalf. We paid for it in the form of granting access and installation of network towers and Commlink devices. We more than paid for what would be used for communication for generations down the line." I reminded the Pontiff.