CHAPTER LXXXIII

Andrew

Who will stand beside a failure when a true victor basks in the sunlight?

"Our plan to fast-track this battle and ensure the safest and most convenient entrapment of Eerly as a whole has been to go out and take back the nearest settlements of Trester and Yhand."

Commander Xoum paced about the strategy and planning tent calmly as he explained his goal that would forward our goal to reclaim the land we had once lost several years ago.

It was rather crowded in here and as a result, a bit stuffy. Thankfully, sitting next to Mellie made it a lot more bearable than if I were in here myself like I had been the past couple of weeks.

Since this was a major meeting that dealt with sending out troops to the smaller city and town of Trester and Yhand, it was imperative that everyone was on the same page and understanding of what the plan was and how it was going to be executed.

"A few of our smaller divisions have been running surveillance and mapping out places where invasion and sneak attacks would be best suited for Espee soldiers protecting those particular borders. We found sufficient enough cause to plan our ambush tomorrow at dawn." The commander turned his back to the audience and moved towards the board where he began explaining the tactics and spots where personnel would be positioned in order to give us the best advantage point against the Espee.

On the large table in front of him, he then showed the map in which Eerly was composed, pointing with a stick where we would be progress-wise if we were successfully able to capture back Yhand and Trester; it seemed like a decent enough plan, but ...

On the large table in front of him, he then showed the map in which Eerly was composed, pointing with a stick where we would be progress-wise if we were successfully able to capture back Yhand and Trester; it seemed like a decent enough plan, but the real worry was if this would be able to carry out efficiently after all we were dealing with highly-trained sorcerers.

This division in particular had no abilities and outside of my own divination talents, it paled in comparison to having a team of sorcerers that could blow troops right out of the water; I also happened to notice that Commander Xoum had not mentioned what the task for the sorcerers was supposed to be throughout this entire thing.

Did he plan on not utilizing them as a petty move for being outshined in Dundee by Commander Dione?

If so, he was truly a foolish man than I thought him to be initially.

Melinda who had been sitting beside me raised her hands, causing Xoum to go silent momentarily before acknowledging her, "Yes, your Highness is there something you would like to add?" He asked.

Immediately, she responded, "Yes. I couldn't help but notice throughout this entire plan that I had not once heard about the plan to utilize sorcerers in reclaiming the two cities... you do understand that you're going up against mages and sages who could kill your men and women without much effort... even with a sneak attack, they can quickly gain the upper hand." She said.

Short gasps and widening eyes erupted in the tent from the subordinates of the commander. The chief senators, Master of Guards, Grand Admirals, High Corporals, and more were looking over at Lavania as if she had grown a few heads; she spoke directly and criticized the plan with the ease of someone who knew what she was talking about.