CHAPTER XC

Melinda

A mix of emotions, the truth rests in a sip of a simple drink.

"So what do you think, are they any good?"

"They're far different than anything I've tasted! In a good way that is..."

"I like all that you've put in front of us so far."

"Explain the scoring system on which my reaction to these drinks would be based on."

Chandrelle pushed the remaining chilled glasses filled with an abundance of different colored flavors and fruits in front of us. On our right side, were the empty glasses we had already tried before the final few we had been provided were handed out to us.

As talented as my sister was a mixologist, if I had several more of these drinks, I'd have to be carried out of the game house and right back to the estate on Andrew's back; thankfully, these were the last few and I hated being wasteful so I had to drink all of them to give Chandrelle and accurate score based on what was presented.

"Lavania, just drink them and tell me if you like them or not." Chandrelle sighed deeply.

"But I'd rather be more specific. I am just judging on the presentation or am I scoring based on taste, or quality of liquor, or even aromatics and flavor complexity?" I inquired curiously.

When someone asked me to criticize something for them, I liked to gather enough information such as a rubric so I could make clear and concise decisions.

I looked down at the current glass I had in hand—an ombre mix of orange and dark blackberry, the notes in this drink had hints of passionfruit with a blast of sweet citrus, and the blackberry's tanginess balanced the entire product out well. It was a refreshing drink that reminisced that of a tropical atmosphere such as Kladena's but the presentation had a refinement to it that did well for a place such as this noble's GameHouse.

Taking we were the only individuals in here at the moment, this establishment was yet to open just like the Emerald Mirror Resort, things like the drink and food menu needed to be finalized while training for employees was undergoing to ensure the...

Taking we were the only individuals in here at the moment, this establishment was yet to open just like the Emerald Mirror Resort, things like the drink and food menu needed to be finalized while training for employees was undergoing to ensure the best of the best was presented on opening nights.

Chandrelle had taken it upon herself to enhance the drink and food selection here as she had mastered the skill in her past life—another side hustle she did when she wasn't busy with hair, skincare, and makeup to ensure she was able to provide for herself and her siblings she had attempted to take care of at the time.

She was able to use products readily available in Kladena's agriculture and even some more specific special items traded in by other nations to curate a portfolio of inspiring alcoholic beverages for the average noble looking for a luxurious experience.

She was far more talented than she gave herself credit for; I would have never been able to do something as elaborate as this no matter how good I was with mixing chemical formulas and reactions, cooking was not my strongest ability—that included mixing drinks as well.